Project comments (0) | Write a comment
Happy Birthday Card
Get all the major supplies needed to make this project with the Birthday Card Bundle or you can order them separately.
Happy Birthday Card
By Susan Cobb
Designer Tip: I used several colors of embossing powder to create a fun "rainbow" effect on the embossed birthday cake image and presents image (inside). Be sure to add the embossing powder quickly, as thin lines and small lettering tend to dry faster than other images.
- Turn the card so the fold is at the top, then cover with striped paper. Stamp and heat emboss "Happy Birthday" on the right side of a 6 1/2" x 1 3/4" lime textured rectangle with amethyst embossing powder. Mat on purple textured paper, leaving a 1/8" border across the top and bottom. Ink the edges.
- Attach rhinestone brads to the left side of the rectangle, 1/2" from the left edge as shown. Glue the rectangle centered across the card front.
- Stamp the birthday cake image centered on a 2 1/2" x 3 3/4" pink textured rectangle. Sprinkle the embossing powders over the stamped image as follows, starting at the bottom: sapphire over the plate and stand, then garnet, amethyst, garnet, amethyst, garnet, and orange at the top for the candles and flames. Quickly add more powder to cover any areas that you may have missed. Carefully tap the rectangle from the side, to remove excess. Emboss with the heat tool, then ink the edges of the rectangle.
- Mat on blue, leaving a 1/16" border at the sides and 1/4" border at the top and bottom. Glue the cake image over the lime rectangle on the card front as shown. Gather several colors of ribbon and tie together, then Zot™ as shown.
- Inside the card: Ink the edges of a 6 1/2" x 1 1/2" striped rectangle and glue across the inside. Arrange the presents stamp and the words stamp on the block together. Stamp both images at once on a 3 1/2" x 2 1/2" pink textured rectangle. Add amethyst embossing powder over the words, then add the sapphire powder at the bottom of the presents image, the garnet then amethyst over the swirls, the garnet over the tall package, and the orange over the small package and swirls.
- Ink the edges and mat on lime, leaving a 1/8" border. Ink the edges. Attach a rhinestone brad over a purple knotted ribbon and attach to upper left corner of the rectangle. Glue centered over the striped paper.