Project comments (0) | Write a comment
Alcohol Inked Happy Card
Get all the major supplies needed to make this project with the Happy Card Bundle or you can order them separately.
Alcohol Inked Happy Card
By Susan Cobb
Designer Tip: I added alcohol inks to shiny white cardstock to create the base of the card, then attach the overlays over the top, leaving clear overlay space across the center to stamp the fun cake and balloon images. The colorful inked background shows through the stamped images and colors them. Using a fresh felt piece on the applicator with each color keeps the colors clear and bright.
- Cut a 10" x 6 1/2" rectangle from the shiny white cardstock. Score in half, then fold for a 5" x 6 1/2" card. Open the card again and place it flat on the paper towels, with the shiny side up. Put on your rubber gloves and have your ink applicator and several felt pieces handy to refill the applicator for each ink color.
- Apply a few drops of blending solution to the applicator, then apply it over the surface of the card front. Now add a couple of drops of watermelon ink to the applicator and dab randomly over the moist surface of the card front, but don't cover the entire card, just random areas. Now change the applicator felt and add a couple of drops of sailboat blue ink to it. If your card is dry, add a drop or two of the blending solution to the applicator as well. Add the blue randomly to the card front, and also overlap some areas of the red.
- Change the applicator felt and add a couple of drops of citrus ink and blending solution to it. Apply the citrus ink randomly over the card, filling in any empty spaces, and overlapping some areas of the blue (don't overlap the citrus over the watermelonthe color will be muddy). Allow to dry. Cover the back of the card with ink if desired.
- Center the "Happy" overlay on the card front, attaching it with vellum glue dots at top and bottom corners. Trim the edges evenly. Add the words portion of the "birthday" overlay across the bottom of the card as shown, trimming and saving the excess overlay material for the inside.
- Stamp the cake image over the center of the overlay material on the card front with black StazOn ink. Add balloons, stars, butterflies, and flower images as shown. Let it dry.
- For the inside: Trim a piece of excess overlay material to 4" x 3 1/2". Stamp the cupcake image on the center with black ink, then stamp the words message beneath it. Set aside.
- Cut a 4" x 3 1/2" white shiny cardstock rectangle and apply inks in the same manner as the card front. Let it dry. Mat on black cardstock, leaving a 1/16" border. Attach the stamped overlay over the inked cardstock with vellum glue dots. Glue to the inside.