Project comments (0)
| Write a comment
Happy Birthday to You
Happy Birthday to You
By Susan Cobb
Designer's Tip: It's fun to paint inside the embossed areas with Smooch to add a pop of color! An X-acto® knife is helpful to remove the Smooch if it gets outside the lines.
- Place your card with the fold at the top. Cover the top 1 1/2" of the card with Happy Days zigzag paper. Cover the bottom 3 1/2" of the card with Happy Days orange patterned paper. Cut a 6 1/2"x1/4" Happy Days red/white dotted strip and glue across the seam of the 2 papers.
- Stamp "happy birthday to you" with Versamark ink on Happy Days green textured paper, then sprinkle with white embossing powder. Tap off the excess and emboss with the heat tool. Trim to a rectangle and mat on navy cardstock with 1/16" borders. Glue centered to the orange portion of the card front, 3/4" from the bottom.
- Stamp and emboss the hexagon shaped image with flower center, 3 times on green textured paper. Stamp and emboss one diamond/circle with chevrons image each on Happy Days green paper and blue paper. Repeat for the diamond/circle/dotted image. Cut out the shapes. Paint in the flowers using siren, carrot, and pool Smooch. Paint in the open areas of the letters in "birthday" with Smooch as shown. Let dry.
- Arrange the embossed shapes along the bottom of the card front, overlapping as shown. Foam tape into place. Stamp and emboss the tiny hexagon image 3 times on Happy Days green paper. Paint in the center with smooch-nautical navy, siren, and pool. Let dry. Cut out the shapes and foam tape centered to the embossed flower images as shown. Tie a blue/white stitched ribbon bow and Zot over the upper left corner of the word block.
- Cut a 3" Happy Days orange square. Glue blue/white stitched ribbon across the center, trimming edges evenly with the square. Mat on zigzag paper, trimming top and bottom evenly with 3/4" borders at sides. Glue centered to the inside, 1/2" from the bottom.
- Stamp and emboss "Make a Wish!" on green paper. Trim into a rectangle and mat on navy with 1/16" borders. Glue centered over the ribbon. Stamp and emboss one stitched hexagon image each on green paper and blue paper. Stamp "presents!" on the green hexagon and "Yippie!" on the blue one. Stamp and emboss one diamond/circle with chevron pattern each on green paper and blue paper. Stamp and emboss a hexagon with flower image on green paper. Cut out the shapes. Paint in the flower and "Wish!" with Smooch as shown. Stamp and emboss one tiny hexagon image on green paper. Paint in the center with pool Smooch and let dry. Cut it out and glue centered on the embossed flower image. Tie a blue/white stitched bow and Zot over top right edge of the paper as shown.