Birthday Kitten Card
Birthday Kitten Card
By Abbie Friesen
Click to Enlarge
Designer's Tip: Use one length of white rick rack on the pink cardstock and fold it over to change the direction and continue with the same strand around the cardstock.
- Birthday Kitten Strawberry Kisses Stamp Set
- Lights Spectrum Noir pens
- Penelope Ribbon Set
- Black Pigment Ink Pad
- Two Sided Stamp Cleaner
- Silver Jewel Dazzles™
- 12x12 Classic Cardstock
- Small Zots™
- Place the card with the fold on the top. Cut 6 3/8"x4 7/8" pink cardstock and mat it on black cardstock with 1/8" borders. Glue it on the card. Cut 5 1/2"x4" black cardstock and glue it on the card centered.
- Stamp "Birthday Kitten" on white cardstock. Color in the stamped image with the following colors. Birthday: IB2, Kitten: GB4. Cut around the image with 1/8" borders. Glue it on the card 1 1/2" from the left edge and ¾" from the top. Stamp a kitten/cupcake on white cardstock. Color in the stamped image with the following colors. Kitten: GB1, shading with GB4, and nose CR1. Kitten bow: CR1, CR6. Cupcake wrapper: LG4, CG4, and flowers IB2. Cupcake and bottom crumbs: CR1. Cupcake bite: CR6. Sprinkles CR6, IB2, and CG4. Cupcake topping: IB2, BG3, BG5. Candle: LG4. Flame: GB4, CR1. Floor: BG3, BG5. Cut around the image with 1/8" borders. Glue it on the card 1" from the right edge and ¾" from the bottom.
- Cut two 4" lengths of 1/8" pink grosgrain ribbon and Zot each 1" from the right and left card edge, centered on the black cardstock. Cut two 4" lengths of white double loop ribbon and Zot each on the pink ribbon. Zot white rick rack ribbon along the border of pink cardstock.
- Stamp four big flowers, four small flowers, and one set of bows on white cardstock. Cut around each with 1/16" borders. Color in the images with the following colors. Big flowers and one bow: CR1, CR6. Small flowers: CG4, GB1. Two bows: IB2. Zot the flowers on the double loop ribbon as shown. Glue the pink bow on the middle of the cupcake candle. Tie two bows of pink grosgrain ribbon and cut the strands to be ¾" in length. Zot them on the top-right and bottom-left ends of the double loop ribbon. Zot the blue bows on the pink ribbon. Place Jewel Dazzles on the following images. Medium Dazzles: pink big flower centers. Small Dazzles: kitten bow center, cupcake wrapper flower centers, pink candle bow, insides of the greeting letters, and the blue bows.