By Susan Cobb
Click to Enlarge
Click to Enlarge
Designer's Tip: I love the pretty embossing on the large swirl, and it's great used as a card focal. Use multiple swirls to create a pretty border.
- Pair of Swirls Dies
- Happy Days Double-Sided Paper Pack
- Happy Days Ribbon Set
- 15 Lovely Labels Template
- Happy Birthday Greetings Dazzles™, Gold Glitter
- 318 Gold Star Jewel Dazzles™
- White Cards & Envelopes
- 12x12 Classic Cardstock
- Small Zots™
- BigShot Die Cutting Machine
- Penstix Permanent Markers
- . font: Corinthia Professional
- Place your card with the fold at the left. Cover the card front with Happy Days dark blue/red/green/orange diamonds and circles paper. Use the template to trace a bracket label on Happy Days green textured paper, then cut it out. Mat on Happy Days light blue textured paper with 1/16" borders. Glue centered to a 4 3/4"x3 1/2" Happy Days red textured paper. Mat on dark blue cardstock with 1/8" borders. Glue to the card front, 1/2" from the top.
- Cut a 5"x1" Happy Days green textured paper strip and mat on Happy Days light blue with 1/8" borders at top and bottom. Glue across the card front, 1/2" from the bottom. Use the Die-cutting machine and the large swirl die to create a large swirl using the dark blue cardstock. Place the die-cut across the green bracket label and glue in place. Create 4 dark blue small swirls using the small swirl die. Place 2 of the swirls centered on the green strip as shown and glue in place.
- Add "Happy Birthday" to the lower right portion of the green bracket label. Embellish the swirls and the surrounding paper with Gold Star Jewel Dazzles as shown. Tie a white grosgrain ribbon bow and Zot over the upper left corner of the green bracket label.
- Cut a 5"x1" Happy Days dark blue/red/green/orange diamonds and circles paper strip and glue centered across the inside. Use the template to trace a scalloped label on green textured paper then cut it out. Write or computer print message centered on the label. Mat on light blue with 1/16" borders. Mat on red textured paper trimming sides straight with a thin border. Mat on dark blue with 1/16" borders. Place over the paper strip and glue the center, leaving corners loose. Take 1 of the remaining dark blue small swirls and tuck the end beneath the top edge of the label so the large end overlaps the matting. Repeat for the second swirl on the bottom edge of the label. Embellish the label around the words with Gold Jewel Dazzles.