Project comments (0)
| Write a comment
Happy Bird-day Card
Happy Bird-day Card
By Gail Booth
Designer Tip: Stamp your bird and balloon image several times on the white cardstock, then cut out the balloons for separate embellishments.
- Place your card with the fold on the left. Cover with pink Grapefruit scroll paper, glue in place and use a pink Spectrum Noir pen to ink the edges.
- Glue a 4 3/4"x6 1/4" Grapefruit orange dot paper in the center. Mat a 3" square of Grapefruit pink scroll paper on Grapefruit pink dot paper with a 5/8" border, then on orange cardstock with a 1/16" border. Glue 1/8" from orange dot paper upper edge.
- Mat the long edges of a 5"x1" Grapefruit dot stripe paper on orange cardstock with 1/16" borders. Foam tape 1/4" from the bottom of the card. Zot a length of ribbon above the matted strip.
- Stamp the framed bird on Ultra Smooth white cardstock and use the pens to color as shown. Cut out around the outside edges of the stamped image and glue on the center of a 3 1/2" square of Grapefruit dot stripe paper. Mat on orange cardstock with a 1/16" border. Cut out the inside of the window, around the bird and balloon. Foam tape over the pink scroll paper.
- Stamp "Hip, hip Hooray" on a 1 1/8"x3/4" white cardstock and "Happy Bird-day!" on a 1 3/8"x3/4" white cardstock. Mat both on Grapefruit pink scroll with 1/16" borders, then on white with 1/32" borders. Foam tape as shown. Zot on a bow to the ribbon left of the greeting
- Stamp four birds with horn images on Ultra Smooth cardstock. Color in one bird and cut out around the stamped image, cutting off the horn. Foam tape as shown. Mask off the bird with balloon stamp, leaving only the balloon. Stamp six balloons images on white. Color in one balloon, cut it out and foam tape as shown. Use the pen to draw small circles on the greeting corners.
- Card inside: Glue a 3 1/4"x6 1/2" Grapefruit orange dot paper on the left of the fold and a 3 1/4"x6 1/2" Grapefruit pink dot paper on the right of the fold. Use a pink Spectrum Noir pen to ink the edges of your card.
- Color in the rest of the stamped birds and balloons, cut out and glue to the card, as shown. Use the confetti stamp to stamp on various spots around the card, and color in the images. Use the black pen to draw strings on the balloons.
- Stamp the HoneyPOP party hat image on the honeycomb pad, aligning the stamp arrow with the lines on the pad. Cut out along the stamped outline. Glue the sides of the HoneyPOP to both sides, centered on the fold. Stamp the party hat tassel on white, color in, cut out and score down the center. Zot above the HoneyPOP party hat, as shown.
- Stamp "Hope your day..." on a 2 1/4"x7/8" white cardstock and mat on orange with a 1/16" border and foam tape as shown.