By Susan Cobb
Click to Enlarge
Designer's Tip: Use "Forever Violet" over Perfect Pearls pigments to create a lighter lavender color for some of the flower blossoms.
- Three Potted Plants Stencil
- Rosemary & Thyme 6x6 Paper Pack
- Nature's Watercolors Ribbon Set
- Gold Tiny Words & Phrases Dazzles™
- Layered Labels Template
- White Cards & Envelopes
- Perfect Pearls Metallics
- StazOn Metallic Copper Ink Pad
- 12x12 Classic Cardstock
- Stencil Tape
- Medium Zots™
- . Spritzer filled with water
- Card Front: Place your card with the fold on top. Cut two 3/4"x5" Rosemary & Thyme green dotted paper strips and glue even with the right and left edges of the card front. Cut two 1/2"x5" Rosemary & Thyme purple textured paper strips and glue even with the green strips on each side. Glue a 4"x5" Rosemary & Thyme green/white/blue checked paper centered on the card front. Ink the edges copper and let dry.
- Use the template to trace a Bracket Sign shape on pale green cardstock, then cut it out. Mat on Rosemary & Thyme purple textured paper with 1/16" borders. Place the label on your work surface and tape corners in place. Lay the stencil over the label, with the pot of tulips centered, and tape in place. Apply Perfect Medium over the open spaces of the tulip/pot stencil design. With the stencil still taped in place, use the small brush to apply Forever Violet pigment to the tulip blossoms, and Forever Green pigment to the leaves. Add Perfect Copper pigment to the pot. Carefully remove the tape and stencil and tap off the excess pigment. Spritz a light mist of water over the label to set the pigments. Let dry.
- Cut two 2"x3" pale green cardstock rectangles and mat on Rosemary & Thyme teal textured paper with 1/16" borders. Position the stencil over one rectangle, centering the daffodils/pot on it. Apply Perfect Medium to the open spaces in the stencil. Use the small brush to add Perfect Pearl to the daffodil blossoms, then add Forever Violet over the Pearl for a lavender color. Add Forever Green for the leaves and Perfect Copper for the pot and finish as you did for the tulips. Repeat for the daisies/pot on the remaining cardstock rectangle. Ink the matted edges copper and let dry. Glue one rectangle to the card front, centered 1/4" from the right edge. Repeat for the second rectangle, 1/4" from the left edge. Foam tape the label shape centered over the rectangles.
- Place the stencil on Rosemary & Thyme teal textured paper. Use a pencil to trace along both edges of the band just below the rim of each pot. Cut out each piece, then glue to each corresponding pot as shown. Place "Happy" and "Birthday" Dazzles above and below the tulips/pot. Add a tiny star Dazzles to the teal band on each pot. Zot a bow from 1/8" wide caramel grosgrain ribbon to the upper left of the card as shown.
- Inside: Mat a 5 1/2"x2" Rosemary & Thyme green/white/blue checked paper on Rosemary & Thyme purple textured paper with 1/4" borders. Glue to 5 1/2"x1" Rosemary & Thyme green dotted paper leaving a 3/4" border across the bottom. Ink edges copper and let dry. Glue centered to the inside, 1" from the bottom.
- Use the template to trace Bracket Frame B shape on pale green cardstock. Cut it out, then mat on Rosemary & Thyme purple textured paper with 1/16" borders. Tape the label to your work surface, then position the stencil on the top, with a tulip angled over the center. Tape the stencil in place, and mask remaining tulips so just one tulip with leaves is exposed. Use the Perfect Medium and Perfect Pearls as you did for the front, then mist with water to set the pigments. Glue the label centered on the inside. Add "with love" Dazzles and a tiny star to the right of the tulip. Zot caramel bow to left side of label as shown.