By LeNae Gerig
Click to Enlarge
Designer Tip: These straws are made of thick paper and can be tricky to cut with an even edge. Slightly flatten a portion of straw when cutting. This will give you a cleaner edge.
- White Cards & Envelopes
- Rosemary & Thyme 6x6 Paper Pack
- Family & Friends Black Dazzles™
- Happy Birthday Greetings Dazzles™, Black Glitter
- Grape Floral Stylish Stix
- Grape Self-Adhesive Edgers
- Purple Polka Dot Flat Bottle Caps
- 3/4" Circle Punch
- 12x12 White Cardstock
- Tacky Glue
- Foam Tape
- 2 Photo Glue Sticks
- Large Zots™
- Card Front: Place the card fold on top. Glue 6"x 4 3/4" Rosemary & Thyme purple/aqua paper flush with the card top. Mat the long edges of 3"x5" Rosemary & Thyme aqua dot paper and glue down the card 1/2" from the left.
- Place a length of the Self Adhesive Flag border across the top edge of the card. Cut apart the Dazzles word "Happy" and place each letter inside the flags as shown.
- Banner: Cut "v" in each end of 7/8" x 2 5/8" Rosemary & Thyme aqua dot paper and mat with white cardstock, leaving 1/32" border. Glue to the right side of the card and place "Birthday" Dazzles across the banner.
- Flower focal: Cut thirteen 1 1/2" lengths of purple straws, with an angle at one end. Punch a 3/4" circle from scrap paper and glue to the center of the aqua dot border on the left. Glue the straw flat ends evenly spaced around the edge of the punched circle. Let dry. Build up layers of foam tape and place on the circle center. Stick the flattened bottle cap to the foam tape. Glue a white cardstock circle in the center of the bottle cap and place a word Dazzles as shown.