Project comments (0) | Write a comment
By Erica Hettwer
Designer’s Tip: To create larger or smaller flowers, increase the length of the twine used to make the petals. Add more layers to create a more intricate flower and use only one layer for a simpler one.
- Cut a 12”x8” green Penelope paper and glue to pink rose Penelope background paper 1 3/4” from the top edge. Zots™ two 12” sheer green Penelope ribbons 1/8” from the edge of the green paper. Glue a 12”x6 1/2” scalloped paper to the center of the green paper.
- Cut a 12” pink paper twine and unroll completely. Fold in half, lengthwise and Zots™ the ends only 3 3/4” from the bottom edge. Cut a 12” green paper twine and slightly untwist. Zots™ the ends to the pink twine, 1/4” from the bottom edge of the pink twine.
- To create flower: Cut five 2” and five 1 1/2” pink twine and unroll completely. Twist each end to create petals. Place the five large petals on a large Zots™ to create your flower base. Add another Zots™ and place the five small petals on it. Cut two 3” green twine, unroll completely and twist the ends to create leaves. Zots™ behind the flower. Coil yellow twine on a large Zots™ and place on the center of the flower. Zots™ your flower to the green twine on the page as shown.
- Mat your three 3”x4” photos on white cardstock with 1/8” borders. Tuck the two outer photos under the pink twine and glue at a slight angle to the page as shown. Foam tape the middle photo in between them overlapping them both.
- Stamp “eat cake” on a 2”x4” white cardstock in dark pink ink 1/8” from the top edge. Stamp three candles in light pink ink 1/8” below sentiment. Ink the edges ink light pink ink. Place border Dazzle 1/8” below the candles and trim the excess. Zots™ green gingham Penelope ribbon 1/8” below the border Dazzle. Tuck underneath the pink twine to the right of the photos and glue to the page as shown.
- Write or computer print your title in pink on a 4 1/2”x1 1/2” white cardstock. Cut a 1 1/2” green paper twine, untwist slightly and Zots™ 3/8” from the left edge. Tuck the title underneath the green sheer dotted ribbon and glue to the page 1/2” from the left edge and 1” from the top edge. Coil pink paper twine on a large Zots™ and place on the ribbon over the green paper twine as shown.
- Write or computer print the date in pink on a 2”x3/4” white cardstock, glue under the green paper twine 1 3/8” from the left edge and 7 1/4” from the top edge. Write or computer print your journaling on 1/2” white cardstock strips. Leave 1/2” cardstock at the beginning and end of your journaling. Leave 1/8” at the beginning and ends of the rest of your journaling strips. Glue to your layout underneath the flower as shown.
- Place small cupcake Dazzles at the end of your journaling, on the title and on the “Eat cake” image as shown. Place heart Dazzles on the title and on the beginning of your journaling as shown. Place groups of three dot Dazzles around your page as shown.