By Susan Cobb
Click to Enlarge
Click to Enlarge
Designer Tip: The large floral Papier Tole embellishment adds a pretty shaped edge to the front of this S-fold card.
- Simply Susan Double-Sided Paper Pack
- Simply Susan 3-D Papier Tole
- White Cards & Envelopes
- Large Lot O Zots™
- Crepe Ribbon Set
- Foam Tape
- Knife & Refill
- Black .01 Precision Pen
- 2 Photo Glue Sticks
- Font: Parisienne (front: 18pt, inside: 20pt)
- Score and fold the card front: Open your card and place it flat on your work surface. Score down the center of the left panel, then close the card with the fold on the left. Fold on the scored line to create a flap on the card front.
- Cover the card front: Cover the front flap with Simply Susan black weave paper. Cut a 2 1/4"x6 1/4" Simply Susan teal flowers paper and glue centered to the flap. Write or computer print "Happy Birthday!" on Simply Susan gray weave paper. Trim to a 1 1/2"x3/4" rectangle, then trim the corners at the right end at an angle for a tag shape. Mat on Simply Susan black weave paper with 1/16" borders. Glue angled to the top of the front flap as shown.
- Remaining card front: Punch out the pieces for the large flower with swirls Papier Tole embellishment. Layer the pieces together with foam tape according to number. Place the embellishment on the front flap so it overlaps the right edge. Glue to the flap only, allowing the right side of the embellishment to overlap the inside of the card. Use a 12" length of 3/4" wide olive crepe ribbon to tie a bow. Zot the bow near the bottom of the Papier Tole embellishment.
- Inside the card: Cover the inside with Simply Susan black dotted paper. Cut a 6 1/2"x1/2" Simply Susan purple flowers paper strip and glue vertically to the inside, 1/16" from the right edge. Write or computer print "May all your wishes come true." On Simply Susan gray weave paper. Trim to a 2"x1 1/8" rectangle. Trim the corners at the left end at an angle for a tag shape. Mat on Simply Susan black weave paper, then Simply Susan teal flowers paper, with 1/16" borders on each. Place on the inside, just left of the center. Check the placement to make sure the tag doesn't show from the front when the card is closed, then glue in place. Punch out flowers and centers (extra art pieces from the Papier Tole sheets). Layer with foam tape and arrange over the left side of the tag. Glue or foam tape in place.