Get all the major supplies needed to make this project with the Birthday Moments Card Bundle or you can order them separately
Laura's Tip: Alcohol inks are fast and easy to applymake sure youre always applying them to the back side of the frame or overlay so they show through the printed image, rather than obscure it.
By Laura Nicholas
Click to Enlarge
Click to Enlarge
- Cardmakers Earths Palette Creative Kit
- Rustic Lodge Alcohol Inks
- Flights of Fancy Stamps
- Part not in database (may have been discontinued): #4004124
- Ornate Ghost Frames
- Black StazOn ink pad
- White Cards & Envelopes
- Foam tape
- White cardstock
- Rubbing alcohol and cotton balls
- Mix rubbing alcohol with a few drops of Bottle Ink on a cotton ball and tap color around the edges of the scroll frame, applying ink on the back side of the frame. Repeat with another cotton ball to add Denim to the same area of the frame.
- When dry, trace around the frame and cut it out of white cardstock.
- Stamp the crown on tan paper, the heart on red paper and the wings on teal paper. Cut out the images and layer together, then use foam tape to attach to the center of the frame.
- Cover the card with striped paper. Ink the edges of a 2 1/2x6 1/2 strip of red paper and insert a blue brad at each corner, then glue across the center of the striped paper. Add a flower and brad at the bottom right corner.
- Adhere the frame to the center of the red strip.
- Cut out ribbon words and foam tape to the top left corner of the striped paper; add another near the flower.
- Inside the card: Cut a 2 strip of striped paper and ink the edges. Glue to the right edge of the card. Cut out the tag and center of birthday block. Ink the edges and foam tape to the tag. Add a small flower to the tag with a brad. Foam tape ribbon words to complete greeting.