Happy Birthday Card
Get all the major supplies needed to make these projects with the Color Me Papers & 12 Ink Pads, or you can order them separately.
Happy Birthday Card
By Susan Cobb
Click to Enlarge
Designer Tip: For this card I used a sponge for exquisite detail, shading and control of the ink colors. A sponge helps to cover all the minute detail areas of the paper, and is superb for shading and blending the colors together. You can also achieve very pretty muted effects, and lighter colors with a sponge. It takes more time to apply the ink this way, but works well to achieve different effects, such as a soft and blended velvety finish.
- Part not in database (may have been discontinued): #4004251
- Solid Burgundy cardstock
- Spun Sugar Distress Ink Pad, Victorian Velvet Distress Ink Pad, Bundled Sage Distress Ink Pad
- Scallop/Cloud Corner Chomper
- Rich & Spicy Ribbon
- Medium Zots™
- Pink Small Pearls , Pink Large Pearls
- Paper Towel
- Cosmetic sponge wedge
- black pen or computer ink jet printer
- font: Birthday
- White Cards & Envelopes
- With the fold at the left, cover the card front with Color Me Flowers paper. Use the sponge to apply Spun Sugar ink to some areas of the card front. Use another portion of the sponge to apply Victorian Velvet ink to some other areas of the card front, then do the same for the Bundled Sage ink. Now go back and use the sponge to add more ink to deepen the colors and blend colors over each other for a soft velvety finish. Wipe off with a paper towel.
- Use the sponge to apply Spun Sugar ink to the tags and border. Add a second coat of spun sugar to the border. Add some Victorian Velvet and a touch of Bundled Sage to the tags with the sponge as shown. Wipe off the pieces with a paper towel. Let dry.
- Mat the bottom edge of the border with burgundy cardstock, leaving a thin border. Trim along the top edge, leaving an inked border. Glue border across the card, 1” from the bottom. Write or computer print on the small tag. Mat on burgundy leaving a thin border. Glue tag overlapping the right side of the inked border on the card front. Zot ribbon at top of tag. Add pearls to flower centers and tag as shown. Use Corner Chomper to Trim corners of the card, through both layers.
- Inside the card: Cover the inside with burgundy cardstock. Trim large inked tag. Write or computer print message on the tag, then glue centered on the inside. Zot ribbon as shown. Add pearl to tag.