Project comments (0) | Write a comment
Thank You Card
Get all the major supplies needed to make this project with the All 4 Nature's Watercolors Set Nature's Watercolors Set, or you can order them separately.
Thank You Card
By Susan Cobb
Designer Tip: I mixed several papers together to create a geometric collage, accented with silver lacy border Dazzles stickers and a shiny silver lady bug brad. Copper ink adds shimmer to the edges.
- With the fold at the top, cover the card front with green ferns paper. Glue a 4"x2" tan/rust vines paper rectangle horizontally to the card front, 5/8" from the top and even with the left side. Glue brown 1/8" wide ribbon along the top and bottom edges of the rectangle, and green crepe ribbon across the center. Cut a 3"x5" watercolor collage squares rectangle and ink the edges copper and let dry. Glue to the right side of the card front. Cut a 6 ½"x1 ¼" rectangle from the striped paper with brown border at the bottom and ink the edges copper. Let dry, then glue across the bottom of the card front.
- Attach the lady bug brad to the right side of a 2 ¼"x1 ½" brown cardstock rectangle. Ink the edges copper, let dry, then add silver border Dazzles along the left side. Trim the edges evenly. Foam tape to the card front, centered over the green ribbon. Place the remaining piece of the border Dazzle on to brown cardstock, trim even with the sticker. Ink the edges copper, let dry, and glue across the top of the squares paper, 5/8" from the top.
- Write or computer print "thank you" on green/blue watercolor textured paper and trim to a rectangle. Ink the edges copper, let dry, then mat on brown, leaving a 1/16" border. Glue centered over the squares paper at the right side of the card. Place a scalloped border Dazzle along the top edge of the striped paper at the left side as shown. Zot a ribbon knot in place.
- Inside the card: Ink the edges of a 5 ½"x3 ¼" green ferns rectangle with copper ink and let dry. Place silver border Dazzles along the left edge, trimming evenly. Glue centered to the inside, ½" from the bottom.
- Ink the edges of a 1"x 4" squares paper rectangle copper. Let dry and glue vertically overlapping the green ferns paper, 1" from the left side and ¼" from the bottom. Ink the edges of a 2 ¼"x2 ½" tan/rust vines paper rectangle copper, let dry, and glue to the green ferns paper, 1¾" from the right side and 1" from the bottom.
- Write or computer print "for everything" on green/blue watercolor textured paper. Trim to a rectangle, ink the edges copper and let dry. Glue to a 2 ½"x1 ½" brown cardstock rectangle, centered near the bottom. Place the remaining scalloped border Dazzle across the top, trimming edges evenly. Glue, off-set, over the tan/rust vines paper rectangle. Zot a ribbon knot as shown.