Thank You Card
By Laura Nicholas
Laura's Tip: Turn the striped papers to create mitered edges.
|| - indicates that the product page has a video demo.
- Trim the card to 5"x5", and place the fold on the left.
- Cut four 1"x5" strips of striped paper with stripes going vertically. Glue two strips to the left and right edges of the card. Miter the ends of the remaining two strips with stripes going horizontally and glue to the top and bottom of the card.
- Cut a 4" square mat of dot paper and ink the edges. Glue to the center of the card front. Trim pieces of border stickers and place over the mitered corners.
- Cut a 3" square mat of blue cardstock and mat with cream cardstock. Glue to the center of the dot mat. Add circles to the corners from the innies of the border sticker.
- Back a large Dazzle™ with cream texture paper and cut flush around the sticker. Back small flowers with light blue cardstock and cut flush, glue over the flowers in the outer part of the sticker.
- Back the second layer of the Dazzle™ with light blue cardstock and stack with foam tape. Back the next layer with pink texture paper and color darker with colored pencils. Stack with foam tape. Continue layers with cream and blue cardstock, stacking the layers on foam tape. Add small circle to the last flower center from the innies of the border sticker.
- Zot a bow to the edge of the blue layer. Print journaling onto the tag, ink the edges and tuck under the bow.
- Add dragonfly Dazzles™ around the edges of the dot mat and on the ribbon. Ink the edges of the card.
- Inside the card: Cut a 2"x4 Â½" strip of striped paper. Miter the bottom and add piece of dot paper. Cover the seam with piece of border sticker.
- Cut a 2"x2" mat of blue cardstock and mat with cream. Add circles to the corners from the border sticker innies and glue overlapping the strip with the bottom right corner matching the border sticker.
- Stack layers of Dazzles™ with different colors of papers. Add colored pencil to the top layer. Tuck a tag under the bow and glue dot to the edge of the blue layer.
- Add small dragonfly Dazles™ around the bow.
If you enjoy this newsletter, please pass it on to a friend! If you received this newsletter from a friend and want to sign up for your own copy, please click here. And if you no longer want to receive Creative Spark, let us know by clicking here.
© 2010 Hot Off The Press, Inc.
1250 NW Third Avenue, Canby, OR, 97013