Project comments (0)
| Write a comment
By Susan Cobb
Designer's Tip: I combined flower die-cuts and flower stickers backed with cardstock together to create a pretty focal. A large die-cut butterfly is the perfect finishing touch.
- Place your card with the fold at the top. Cover the card front with Fresh Cut multi-colored floral paper. Mat a 5 1/2"x4" yellow patterned paper on black with 1/16" borders. Glue centered to the card front, 1/4" from the top. Back a border sticker on teal textured paper (from the floral border sheet) and trim close to the edges. Glue even with the bottom of the card front.
- Punch out a teal swirl die-cut, large butterfly, and the blossoms and leaves die-cuts as shown. Back two blossom stickers with pink cardstock trimming edges evenly. Back two flower center stickers with yellow patterned paper and trim edges evenly. Foam tape the centers to the pink blossoms.
- Arrange the swirl near the top of the yellow rectangle. Add the blossoms and leaves, overlapping as shown. Glue or foam tape in place for added dimension. Fold the wings of the large butterfly die-cut, then apply foam the body to the lower right corner of the card.
- Tie a bow 3" from the left end of a 15" length of black/pink stitched grosgrain ribbon. Zot the bow to the bottom of the card front and glue the tails along the bottom edge. Trim edges evenly. Trace the red portion of the tiny die-cut foil tag and cut out the shape. Trace the shape onto pink cardstock and cut it out, then mat on black with very thin borders. Write or computer print "Thanks" on the pink shape, then glue to the tag. Thread a 1" length of black/pink stitched ribbon through the end of the tag. Glue the tag to the upper left portion of the card. Zot ribbon in place as shown. Place a small butterfly sticker over the upper right corner above the swirl and blossoms.
- Glue a 6 1/2"x3" yellow patterned paper to the bottom of the inside. Glue a 6 1/2"x2" floral paper even with the bottom. Glue black/pink stitched ribbon along the seam of the two papers. Write or computer print "For Your" on the top portion of the round teal foil die-cut, then add the "Kindness" word sticker centered beneath the printed words. Place a small butterfly sticker angled beneath the words. Glue the die-cut centered over the papers and ribbon. Glue the pink and blue butterfly die-cuts nearby as shown.