Project comments (0)
| Write a comment
By LeNae Gerig
Designer's Tip: Create a collaged look by mixing Dazzles™, buttons and rick rack for this sewing themed card. For a quick and easy solution to threading buttons, use thin strips of paper instead of thread.
- Place the card fold on the left. Cover with Penelope green gingham paper. Mat 3 sides of 4 3/8"x 5 1/2" Penelope rose paper with white cardstock, leaving 1/8" border. Glue flush with the left side of the card. Mat 1 3/4" x6 1/2" Penelope striped paper with white cardstock, leaving 1/8" borders. Glue to the card, 3/8" from the fold.
- Back the embroidery hoop Dazzles™ with Penelope green tulle paper and glue to the right side of the border. Place the swirly borders at the top and bottom with the stitched heart at the center. Back a heart with pink cardstock, leaving a 1/16" border and foam tape to the center.
- Back the large flower Dazzles™ with pink cardstock, leaving a 1/16" border and foam tape to the lower left of the hoop. Foam tape a Penelope green backed tiny flower to the large flower center. Thread the buttons with thin strips of white cardstock and glue to the right side of the hoop. Tie a length of mini rick rack into a bow and Zot( at the top of the hoop. Back the flower on the corner Dazzles™ with pink cardstock and glue to the top right corner.
- Back a border Dazzles™ with pink cardstock and glue across the card, 3/4" from the bottom. Glue a length of mini rick rack below. Trace Bracket Label A onto pink cardstock and mat with white, leaving a 1/16" border. Place the Dazzles™ greeting on the label and foam tape to the lower right.
- Inside: Mat 3 1/2"x4" Penelope green gingham with pink cardstock, leaving a 1/16" border. Back flowers on corner Dazzles™ with pink cardstock and glue to the top corners. Place the Dazzles™ sentiment at the center with a pink backed tiny flower Dazzles™ foam taped to the right. Back a Dazzles™ border with Penelope green tulle paper and glue across the card bottom. Foam tape a pink backed heart to the right side.