Happy Birthday Card
Happy Birthday Card
By Abbie Friesen
Click to Enlarge
Designer's Tip: After brushing Perfect Pearls on black cardstock, dust off the excess powder so the cardstock can be seen and make the colors really pop. Using a small amount of liquid on cardstock is a good idea so the Perfect Pearls will not soak in the cardstock under the template.
- Nature's Watercolors Ribbon Set
- Tiny Tags & Little Labels Template
- White Cards & Envelopes
- 6"x6" Chevron Template
- Artist Spackle
- Mini Squeegee
- Café Kit Perfect Pearls
- 12x12 Pearlescent Cardstock
- 12x12 Classic Cardstock
- Stencil Tape
- Foam Tape
- Small Zots™
- Place the card with the fold on the top. Cut it to be 5 1/2"x5".
- Tape the Chevron template on black cardstock. Smooth Artist Spackle over it using the mini squeegee. Pull the template off the cardstock and clean it off while it is still wet. Before the spackle is dry, brush mandarin Perfect Pearls on the top left corner, blending in cappuccino through the middle of the design, and finishing the bottom right corner with mint. Cut the cardstock to be 5 1/2"x5" and glue it on the card front. Smooth spackle over one row of the template on another piece of black cardstock, and brush biscotti on it. (It will get cut later.)
- Tape the Chevron template on white cardstock. With water mixed in a small portion of the biscotti Perfect Pearls, lightly brush it over the template. Pull the template off and cut the paper to be 3 1/4"x3". Mat it on black cardstock with 1/16" borders, and glue it on the card 1" from the bottom edge. Cut four of the biscotti Chevrons out with 1/16" borders, and glue each 1/16" away from an outside corner of the white cardstock on the card.
- Computer print "Happy Birthday" on mint green cardstock. Trace Squared Tag E centered around the greeting and cut it out. Mat it on black cardstock with 1/16" borders. On a left over piece of mandarin Chevron black cardstock, trace Squared Tag D and cut it out. Glue it in front of the greeting, both tags at a slight angle and centered on the tag holes. Foam tape them on the center of the white cardstock. Tie a bow of 1/2" rust twill ribbon, and cut the strands to be 1 1/2" long. Zot( it on the tag holes.