Project comments (0)
| Write a comment
Thinking of You
Thinking of You
By Susan Cobb
Designer Tip: Color the wood embellishments with Dylusions Ink Sprays, then layer together and/or decorate with pearls for a fun look!
- 1) Trim the card to a 5" square and place with the fold at the top. Cover the card front with Red Velvet green textured paper, and ink the edges brown. Cut a 4 3/4" square of Red Velvet ivory/brown type paper and ink the edges brown. Tie a knot at the center of a 6" length of chocolate crepe ribbon and Zot the knot centered 1/2" from the top of the ivory/brown paper. Wrap ends around sides and glue to the back to secure. Glue the paper centered to the green card front.
- 2) Mat a 3 3/4"x2 7/8" Red Velvet red/green/brown floral paper on Red Velvet dark brown/ivory dotted paper with 1/8" borders. Foam tape to the card front, centered 1/4" from the bottom.
- 3) Spray 4 five-petal (pointed) wood flowers and 1 daisy wood flower with Cherry Pie ink; let dry. Spray each a second time and let dry. Spray two wood butterflies with White Linen; let dry. Repeat. Spray two leaves with Dirty Martini, then white Linen, then a bit more Dirty Martini. Let dry.
- 4) Place a LeCreme pearl centered on the daisy and foam tape centered over the chocolate ribbon knot. Layer 2 five-petal flowers together, off-setting the petals. Glue together at the center. Repeat for the remaining five-petal flowers. Place black pearls centered on each layered flower. Zot a layered flower with a green leaf on the chocolate ribbon on each side of the daisy as shown.
- 5) Zot the white inked butterflies angled on the floral paper as shown. Add tiny black pearls to the center of each butterfly for a body. Place black or LeCreme pearls on the flowers in the paper to accent the centers. Zot a burgundy crepe bow to the bottom right corner of the floral paper.
- 6) Stamp "Thinking OF YOU" on Red Velvet ivory/tan textured paper with black ink. Place the rectangle Label D on the template centered over the words and trace the shape with a pencil. Cut out the shape and ink the edges brown. Glue/foam tape the label to the left side of the card as shown. Add a tiny black pearl to the end of the label.