Project comments (0) | Write a comment
So berry thankful
So berry thankful
By Susan Cobb
Designer's Tip: It's so fun to color in these darling stamped images, and Spectrum Noir pens make it easy to achieve great results. Add pretty shapes with the Design Took Kit.
- 1) Place your card with the fold on the left. Cover the card front with Picnic blue/red/white flowers paper. Cut a 5"x1" Picnic green tiny flowers strip and sand the edges. Glue across the center of the card front. Sand the card edges.
- 2) Stamp the little girl with strawberry image onto Ultra Smooth White cardstock with black ink and let dry (or dry quickly with heat gun). Stamp "So berry thankful..." below the little girl. Let dry. Place the Scalloped Oval shape from the Design Tool Kit #3 centered over the stamped images; trace and cut it out. Mat on red cardstock with 1/16" borders.
- 3) Use the Elegant Label shape from the Design Tool Kit #3 to create a navy blue cardstock label and glue it centered on the card front. Glue the stamped scallop oval centered on the blue label.
- 4) Color in the little girl with strawberry image in the following manner-use TB2 for the dress and shoes, TN7 for the hair, FS3 for the skin, PP3 for the cheeks, CR11 for the strawberry, and DG4 for the stem. Add an outline to emphasize areas as desired. Use the blender pen to lighten and blend each area of color, especially the cheeks. Decorate the scalloped oval edges with Red Jewel Dazzles. Zot a 3/8" wide red gingham bow to the left side of the stamped image as shown.
- 5) Card Inside: Stamp the strawberry stem on white cardstock and color in with the DG4 pen then use the blender. Cut out the stem and glue centered to the fold on the inside, 3 1/2" from the bottom. Stamp the "half" strawberry image on the red Honeycomb Pad with black ink; make sure the arrow on the stamp is aligned with the lines in the Honeycomb Pad. Cut out the honeycomb piece and glue it to the fold, overlapping the bottom of the stem. Glue the sides of the strawberry to the inside of the card.
- 6) Stamp the little girl with the spoon onto Ultra Smooth white cardstock. Trace a scalloped oval shape centered over the image as for the front and cut it out. Mat on navy blue cardstock with 1/16" borders. Color in the image as for the front. Glue to the inside, left of the honeycomb strawberry.
- 7) Stamp "for our sweet friendship!" to the right of the honeycomb strawberry. Stamp the sugar bowl image on Ultra Smooth white cardstock, then color it in with the TB2 pen, leaving some white inside the bowl for the "sugar". Use the blender pen on the blue areas. Cut out the sugar bowl and glue as shown.
- 8) Add Red Jewel Dazzles and knotted red/white gingham ribbon as shown.