Project comments (0)
| Write a comment
By Susan Cobb
Designer's Tip: For the best stamped image, press firmly onto the stamp with the Surfacez ink pad, then press the stamp firmly onto the white cardstock. When cutting out the word shapes on the printed sheet, cut outside the black line, leaving a narrow white edge outside the black line.
- Card front: Place your card with the fold at the top. Cover the card with zigzag striped paper. Cover the top 2 1/2" of the card with teal/gray patterned paper, leaving the bottom edge next to the zigzag paper unglued. Cut a 1/4" wide strip from black/white dots paper. Place the strip beneath the unglued bottom edge of the teal/gray paper, with the black edge showing 1/16". Glue in place. Glue the edge of the teal/gray paper in place. Ink the edges of the card black.
- Cut the following die-cuts using the lacy labels cutting dies: 1 large frame, 1 medium frame, and 1 small frame each cut from black cardstock; 1 large inside label cut from white cardstock.
- Glue the large black die-cut frame to gray textured paper and trim around the edges with 1/16" borders. Glue to the card front, 1/4" from the left side and 1/8" from the top. Stamp the flowers/leaves/swirls image centered on the white die-cut label with black ink. Stamp a small butterfly image above the upper leaf, and the small cluster of butterflies to the right of the large flower. Let dry.
- Color in the leaves with green chalk. Color in the outer petals of the blossoms with aqua or lavender chalks as shown. Glue the stamped label centered inside the black frame on the card front. Glue/foam tape extra art Papier Tole flower and flower centers to the flowers as shown. Place Teal Jewel Dazzles on the stamped design and die-cut frame.
- Write or computer print "Hello" on white cardstock. Stamp a tiny butterfly to the right of "Hello" and let dry. Place the small black die-cut frame centered over the shape and glue in place. Trim edges evenly with the frame and glue to the lower right portion of the card. Add aqua chalk to all the butterfly images and embellish with Teal Jewel Dazzles. Tie a knot at the center of a 3" length of 1/2" wide lavender grosgrain ribbon and Zot near the large black die-cut frame as shown.
- Cover the bottom 4" of the inside with teal/gray patterned paper. Cut a 1 3/8" wide strip of zigzag paper and glue even with the bottom of the inside. Write or computer print "Hope you're having..." on white cardstock and stamp a tiny butterfly to the left side of the words and let dry. Place the medium sized black die-cut frame centered over the words and glue in place. Trim edges evenly with the black frame and glue centered to the inside. Add aqua chalk to the butterfly image and embellish with Teal Jewel Dazzles as shown. Ink edges of the inside with Black ink.