Project comments (1) | Write a comment
Working with Templates
|Paper Wishes Weekly Webisodes
||Great ideas for using foil and glitter sheets- plus savings too!
About the Project
Technique: Working with Templates
Designer: Susan Cobb & Laura Nicholas
Fill these cute cupcakes with chocolates or small gifts!
Just for You Yummy Cupcake
By Susan Cobb
- For the cupcake: Position the template on the back of the brown/pink dotted paper. Trace the entire Yummy large pattern including the fold lines and cut lines. Keep your pencil close to the inside edge. Remove the template then cut around the outer edges and along the inner cut lines all the way to Fold A. Fold then unfold lines A, B, and C. Working clockwise, glue each base tab to the inside of its neighboring base panel, as shown on template.
- Fold each top panel over the other, working clockwise, with the large curve showing. Interlock the panels in the center under the first. The top will be "puffy".
- For the holder: Position the template on the back of the pink and ivory patterned paper. Trace the colored pattern including fold lines A and C and cut lines. Keep your pencil close to inside edge of the template design. Remove the template and cut around the outer edges and along the inner cut lines. Fold and unfold A and C only. Ink the edges. Working clockwise, glue each base tab to the outside of the neighboring base panel.
- For the swirl topper: Trace the design including fold lines on the red glimmer paper. Remove template and cut around the shape. Fold each arm inward interlocking and tucking as you go. Lift the first arm to tuck in the last arms. Zot to the center of the cupcake.
- Cut a small cupcake tag from the pink textured paper and ink the edges. Computer print or write "Just for you" on the center. Punch a hole in the top of the tag and tie to the cupcake with gold thread.
By Laura Nicholas
- Trace the Delicious Cupcake holder on the back of the blue checked paper, be sure to include the cut and fold lines. Cut out the shape and ink the edges. Fold the holder according to the template instructions, and secure the tabs on the outside of the holder.
- Trace the Delicious Cupcake on the back of the small floral paper. Cut out and fold according to the template instructions, to create the 3-D cupcake. Glue inside the holder.
- Trace and cut out the flower topper from the yellow dot paper. Ink the edges and fold. Add a small pink flower with blue mini brad in the center. Zot to the top of the cupcake.
- Print a greeting onto white cardstock. Trace the cupcake tag onto the blue checked paper. Trace around the greeting, as frosting, and glue to the tag as shown. Chalk over the white with pink chalk. Punch a small hole in the tag and hang from the flower with black thread.