Project comments (0)
| Write a comment
Dazzles Card Collection
By Susan Cobb
Susan's Tip: I tore the edge of the pink paper with the decorative border and glued it over the blue paper for a pretty contrast. Lavender crystals add the finishing touches to the large butterfly and borders.
- Turn the card so the fold is at the top, then cover with light blue paper. Add the Dazzle border across the light blue border punch-out, then glue even with the left side of the card front. Place the pink paper so the flowers and butterflies border is even with the light blue border punch-out. Tear the pink paper diagonally, about 3 3/4" from the right corner at the top, so it extends to the lower right corner. Glue in place.
- Add a large butterfly Dazzle over the blue and pink image on the pink/white swirls tag, then mat on white cardstock. Glue to the right side of the card front, overlapping the pink and blue papers. Add tiny butterfly Dazzles near the tag and decorative border as shown. Add lavender crystals to decorate the butterfly, flower centers on the paper and Dazzle border.
- Write or computer print "Thank you" and "You're the best!" on white cardstock, then trim to rectangles. Mat "Thank you" on blue paper, then glue to the pink paper on the lower right portion of the card.
- Inside the card: Mat a 3 1/2"x2 1/2" blue rectangle on pink. Glue a strip of remaining pink border paper across the bottom of the blue rectangle. Mat "You're the best!" on pink paper and glue to the upper portion of the blue rectangle. Add dotted border across bottom and tiny butterfly Dazzles as shown.
By Susan Cobb
Susan's Tip: I backed some of the star Dazzles with copper mesh, then cut around the edges for a pretty effect. I used the transfer sheet to add the "Happy Birthday" greeting Dazzle to the bottom of the card.
- Turn the card so the fold is at the top. Cover the card front with blue/brown/tan border paper, with the geometric border at the left side. Add a star border Dazzle vertically along the right edge of the geometric border. Mat a 3 3/4" tan patterned paper square with brown patterned paper, leaving a 1/8" border. Glue centered on the blue, right side of the card front. Use the transfer sheet to add "Happy Birthday" across the bottom.
- Attach the large star Dazzle to copper mesh, then cut around the edges. Glue centered to the tan square. Attach a 1 1/4" star Dazzle to blue paper and cut around the edges. Foam tape centered over the large mesh Dazzle. Attach a small open star to the mesh and cut around the edges. Foam tape centered to the blue star.
- Inside the card: Cut a 3 3/4"x2 1/4" rectangle from remaining blue/brown/tan geometric border paper and mat on brown. Glue centered inside the card. Add piece of remaining star Dazzle border along the right side. Write or print "To you" on the center of the brown label punch-out and glue centered to the rectangle. Add corner Dazzles to the ends. Back a 1" star Dazzle with copper mesh, trim around edges and glue overlapping the rectangle.
By Susan Cobb
Susan's Tip: To dry emboss, place the sticker backed with vellum on the cushy side of a mouse pad with the Dazzle side down. Use the large embossing ball tip to press over the open spaces of the vellum. Press lightly at first, then add a little more pressure as you get used to the amount needed. Be careful not to press too hardthe vellum can tear with too much pressure.
- Turn the card so the fold is at the left. Cover the card front with pink floral paper. Cut a 5"x6" dark pink rectangle and tear the top edge diagonally so the right side is about 2 3/4" tall. Glue even with the bottom of the card front over the floral paper. Cut a 5"x1/2" vellum strip and glue across the card, 1/8" from the bottom. Add three tiny flowers evenly spaced on the left 2 1/2" of the strip. Use the transfer sheet to attach "Best Wishes" greeting Dazzle on the right side, positioning the words so "Best" rests just above the vellum, and "Wishes" is on the vellum strip.
- Attach the large flower Dazzle with wide petals to white vellum. Place with the Dazzle facing down on your mouse pad, then use the large tip of the stylus to emboss. When finished, trim around the outer edges of the petals. Foam tape to the dark pink portion of the card front. Attach 1 3/8" flower Dazzle to dark pink paper and trim around the edges. Foam tape centered over the embossed vellum flower Dazzle. Add a tiny round flower Dazzle to the center. Add light pink crystals to the swirls on the large petals, and flower centers on the Dazzles and floral background paper as desired.
- Inside the card: Mat the top and bottom of a 5"x2" dark pink rectangle on floral paper leaving a 1/2" border. Glue across the center of the inside. Attach 1 3/8" flower Dazzle to vellum and emboss, using the medium tip of the stylus. Cut around the edges and foam tape to center of the dark pink rectangle. Attach small leaves to vellum, trim around the edges, and glue to the left of the flower. Cut a 1 1/2"x1" vellum rectangle, then trim corners at one end to create a tag shape. Write or computer print "On your special day" on the tag. Glue to the right of the flower. Add a light pink crystal to the center of the embossed flower.