Project comments (0)
| Write a comment
|Paper Wishes Weekly Webisodes
||Free classes with Paper Wishes Webisodes. Watch every Wednesday for new tips, tricks and techniques!
About the Project
Technique: Working with Dazzles Stickers and Sara's Surfaces
Designer: Laura Nicholas
Fill a little milk carton Sara's Surface with candies to give as a thank you for guests attending a dinner party or just as a thinking of you. Painting the surface first gives it color, then glue the paper to the carton while it is flat, to easily trim the edges. Add paper behind the Dazzles stickers to pop them off the container.
By Laura Nicholas
- Paint the top sections, and around the bottom edge of the milk carton and let it dry completely.
- Cut the striped paper into four 1 1/4"x 1 3/4" strips and glue to the sides of the carton, near the bottom. Trim each side flush to the carton with an X-acto knife. Cut four 2"x1 3/4" strips of blue floral paper and glue to the sides of the carton, overlapping the striped paper slightly. Trim the paper flush to the edges with an X-acto knife.
- Ink the edges around the carton, and fold carton to shape. Add mini brads to the top of the carton, attach one to each side with the legs going only through that tab. Glue the top together leaving the opening unglued.
- Wrap blue ribbon around the seam of the papers on the carton and tie in a knot.
- Back the stickers with ivory swirl paper and trim around the stickers. Glue the large dragonfly to the front of the carton and a small one to the top closure.
- On the backside of the carton, add paper behind a small dragonfly and a small flower stitckers. Add a blue mini brad to the center of the flower and Zot the stickers to the ribbon.
- Print a greeting on small blue tag and ink the edges. Punch a hole in the tag and hang from mini brad with embroidery floss.