Project comments (0) | Write a comment
Thank You Smooch Card
Get all the major supplies needed to make this project with the Thank You Card Set, or you can order them separately.
Thank You Smooch Card
By Susan Cobb
Designer Tip: Here I mixed to colors to match my patterned paper. For the light green color, I mixed Moonlight Smooch with a little bit of Green Apple Smooch and applied it with the small paint brush. Your acrylic block makes the perfect "palette" for mixing your Smooch colors!
- Cut a 6 ¼"x4 ¾" green/red/white floral and swirls rectangle and ink the edges black. Stamp the lanterns border image across the rectangle, 3/8" from the top. Stamp the butterfly image angled on the left and right sides as shown. Stamp the border along the left edge. Mat the rectangle on white cardstock, leaving a 1/16" border. With the fold at the top, cover the card front with red textured paper and ink the edges black. Glue the matted stamped rectangle centered on the card front.
- For coloring in the images with smooch: For the lantern border: Dilute Siren Smooch with water and apply it to 2 of the lanterns with the small paint brush (short strokes with light pressure will fill the little horizontal spaces nicely between the stamped lines). For the light green color, mix Moonlight Smooch with a little bit of Green Apple Smooch on your acrylic block, then apply it with the small paint brush. Paint in the flowers with Moonlight, and accents with Gold Lamé. For the thin horizontal gold lines, wipe off most of the excess gold Smooch on the neck of the bottle, then test the brush on scrap paper so you have a fairly dry brush to make the thin lines, or just use the small paint brush. For the butterflies: Use the same light green mixture to paint in the wings, then paint the bodies and accented the wings with Gold Lamé.
- Cut a tag from light green textured paper and write or computer print "Thank you" on the center. Ink the edges and mat on white, leaving a thin border. Glue tag to card between butterflies as shown.
- Inside the card: Ink the edges of a 3 ¼"x4 ¾" green/red/white floral and swirls paper rectangle with black ink, then mat on red textured paper, leaving a 1/8" border. Glue even with the left edge of the inside.
- Stamp the left side of the large tag with the single lantern image using black ink. Write or computer print "You are so very kind" on the right side of the tag. Paint in the lantern with the same light green mixture of smooch (Apple Green + Moonlight), then paint in the flower with Moonlight, and the flower center and accent areas with Gold Lamé. Let dry. Glue the tag overlapping the paper on the inside.