Project comments (0)
| Write a comment
thinking of you
thinking of you
By Susan Cobb
Designer Tip: These brightly colored inks create a beautiful contrast when placed together. Use a cotton swab to add Sunshine Yellow ink to the flower centers on the floral paper, then add the Purple Twilight ink around them.
- Place your card with the fold on top. Position the Victorian Cutaway Design Tool shape even with the card fold and trace around the edges with a pencil. Open the card and trim along the pencil lines. Position the large card-sized Design Tool shape even with the fold on the inside. Trace and cut the edges as before.
- Place your craft sheet on your work surface to protect it, then place the Color Me Floral paper on top. Take the cotton swab and apply Sunshine Yellow ink to the flower centers on the top 5" section of the floral paper. Add several drops of Purple Twilight ink to the foam pad on the blending tool. Apply ink to the paper, covering the flowers and background, but leaving the flower centers yellow. Take the paper towel and use a bit of alcohol blending solution to gently wipe off the excess ink the embossed design.
- Cover the card front with the inked paper trimming the excess. Cut out the label leaving a 1/16" white border. Cut out the butterfly. Moisten a clean foam pad and apply Sunshine Yellow ink to the label and butterfly, extending to the outer edges of the label. Now apply a bit of Sunset Orange ink to each piece. Wipe off the excess ink. Glue the label centered on the card front. Lightly fold the wings of the butterfly and foam tape the body on the right side of the card. Write or computer print "thinking of you" on white cardstock and trim to a rectangle. Ink the edges purple and glue centered to the label. Zot a 3/4" wide purple crepe bow on the upper left corner of the label. Zot a yellow flower embellishment on the knot.
- Place Color Me Flourish paper on the Craft Sheet. Apply Sunset Orange and Sunshine Yellow inks to the top 6" section of the paper and blend with the ink blending tool, keeping the colors varied. Wipe off the excess ink. Cover the inside with the inked paper, trimming edges evenly with the shape.
- Cut out the label leaving a 1/32" white border. Apply Twilight Purple ink to the label, extending the color off the edges. Wipe off the excess ink. Glue the label centered to the inside. Write or computer print "hope you're having a wonderful day!" on white cardstock. Trim to a rectangle and ink the edges yellow. Glue centered on the label. Zot a purple flower to the bottom left corner of the label.