Project comments (0) | Write a comment
More Finished in a Flash!
|Paper Wishes Weekly Webisodes
||Free classes with Paper Wishes Webisodes. Watch every Wednesday for new tips, tricks and techniques!
About the Projects
Technique: More Finished in a Flash!™
Designers: LeNae Gerig
By LeNae Gerig
A tip from LeNae: Make your own page border! While I love this green and pink striped paper, I really wanted to use a bordered paper for the background of this friendship layout. Rather than select a different paper, I simply created my own custom border using a strip of coordinating pink paper and a few matching punch-outs. Borders can be as simple as this, or you can mat, ink or sand the edges, create a patchwork border, stamp on it...the possibilities are endless!
- Place the green paper with the stripes running horizontally. Glue a 2 1/2"-wide strip of pink textured paper down the left edge of the page. Foam tape pink flower punch-outs to the top and bottom of the strip and glue the friends punch-out between. Loop 2 1/2" of green ribbon and attach it over the friends punch-out with a yellow mini brad.
- Mat a horizontal photo on pink textured paper and trim to 1/8". Mat again on cream textured paper, trimming the mat to 1/2" on the right edge and 1/8" on the other three edges. Glue the photo in the top right corner of the page and add a pink brad and two green mini brads down the large edge of the mat.
- Tie a knot in a length of pink ribbon. Wrap the ribbon around the bottom of a small photo, placing the knot to the left, and tape the tails to the back of the photo. Mat this photo and another small photo individually on cream textured paper, trimming the mats to 1/8". Glue the photos at different angles and overlapping to the bottom right of the pink page border.
- Glue the back of the file folder punch-out in the bottom right corner of the page. Computer journal a vertical block on cream textured paper. Glue the journaling with the bottom edge tucked in the file folder. Add a green mini brad to each top corner of the journaling and Zot a knot of green ribbon to the front of the folder.
By LeNae Gerig
A tip from LeNae: To computer journal on Finished in a Flash! punch-outs, simply print your computer journaling first on a piece of scrap paper. After that, align and lightly secure the punch-out directly on top of the journaling on the scrap paper. Run the paper through your printer a second time to print the journaling in the same place, this time on top of the punch-out. After the ink dries, just remove the punch-out and adhere it to your project!
- Place the pink paper with the swirly border on the left. Run a length of pink and lavender ribbon down the right side of a 7"x5" photo and tape the tails to the back side. Knot another length of pink ribbon around the top of the first length and another length of lavender around the bottom of the first length. Mat the photo on white cardstock, then purple dotted paper, trimming the white mat to 1/8" and the purple mat to 3/4". Glue the photo in the top right corner of the page. Computer journal the subjects' names on the blue tag punch and glue it with the tag tucked under the lavender ribbon knot. Add a lavender heart brad to the pink star punch-out and foam tape the star in the top left corner of the photo.
- Attach the Memories punch-out below the bottom left corner of the photo with a pink mini brad in each end.
- Knot lavender ribbon around one edge of the frame punch-out. Glue a photo in the frames window, trimming any excess even with the edges of the frame. Glue the frame at an angle to the right of the Memories punch-out. Attach a star Brad Buddy over the bottom right corner of the frame.