Project comments (4)
| Write a comment
Sew Sweet Mini Book
Sew Sweet Mini Book
By Susan Cobb
- Use the two cards inside each other for the covers and pages of the book.
- Cover each panel of both cards with patterned paper, then use the Design Tool Kit #2 to trim the edges of each panel as follows:
Front cover—Fancy cutaway design
Back cover—Largest shape
Page 1—Vintage sign (align the outer curves of the left side of the shape with the straight edge of the card fold)
Page 2—Vintage label
- Take one card and cover the front and back with striped paper with striped running horizontal. Cover the left inside panel with yellow floral paper and the right inside panel with green patterned paper. Open the card out flat with the striped paper facing up. Align the straight side of the fancy cutaway design with the fold on the right side of the card. Trace the shape and cut around your pencil lines. Align the straight side of the largest shape with the fold on the left side of the card, then trace and cut the shape.
- Take the second card and cover the front and back with pink floral paper. Cover the left inside panel with quilt paper and the right inside panel with blue/white gingham paper. Open the card out flat with the pink paper facing up. Align the outer curves of the vintage sign shape with the fold of the right panel of the card. Trace the shape and cut around your pencil lines. Repeat for the left panel with the vintage label shape.
- Sand all edges for a distressed and worn look. Cut a 1/2"x4” green patterned paper strip. Sand the edges and glue centered across the front cover of the book, trimming edges evenly. Trace and cut a pink floral heart and a blue/white gingham flower. Sand the edges. Use your thumbnail to curve the flower petals. Foam tape the heart angled on the front. Add pink gingham brad to center of the flower and Zot near the heart. Add stickers as shown.
- Add stickers to the yellow floral inside cover. Glue matted photo to page 1, then place the ruler sticker across the page trimming excess evenly. Cut a 4 1/2"x3/4” green patterned paper strip and sand the edges. Add words to the center and blue gingham brads to the sides. Glue across the page even with the ruler sticker, trimming edge evenly. Add photo, stickers, and names to pages 2, 3, and the inside back cover. Wrap around center fold with ribbon and tie at the front to secure.