Project comments (0)
| Write a comment
By Susan Cobb
Designer's Tip: Add tinsel embossing powder to the chipboard pieces and paper flowers, then emboss for a sparkly finish.
- Ink the edges of tag with black ink. Cut a 1/4"x3 1/2" pink/blue/green floral paper strip and ink the edges black. Glue vertically to the tag, 2 1/2" from the right edge and even with the top. Position the "Victorian cutaway" shape centered over the blue/pink/ivory striped paper and trace along the scalloped edge with a pencil. Cut on the line and ink the edges black. Position the cut out shape over the tag, 1/2" from the left edge and 3/4" from the bottom. Trim the right edge even with the tag.
- Stamp both the scalloped border image and the floral border image on dark pink dotted paper with black ink. Trim around the edges of each, leaving a 1/16" border. Glue the scalloped border even with the left edge of the tag, 1 1/4" from the top. Glue a 3" length of the floral border across the striped paper shape, 2 3/4" from the bottom.
- Stamp the doll image on ultra smooth white cardstock with black ink and heat set with the heat gun. Use the TN7 pen to color in the hair, then use the blender pen to lighten some areas. Use the FS3 pen to add color to the edges of the doll's face, arms, neck, and legs. Use the blender pen to blend the color over the area, allowing some areas to remain lighter. Use the PP1 pen to add pink color to the doll's cheeks, then blend with the blender pen. Cut out the doll leaving a thin border.
- Stamp the doll image on pink/blue/green patterned paper with black ink. Cut out the dress and hair band and foam tape them over the matching images on the doll cut-out. Glue the doll to the right side of the tag.
- Trace and cut out one large flower shape from dark pink paper and one from ivory/tan flourishes paper. Trace and cut out one small flower shape from striped paper and one from ivory/tan flourishes paper. Ink both ivory/tan flowers with VersaMark ink, sprinkle with vintage blue embossing tinsel, and emboss. Ink the edges of the remaining flowers. Layer the dark pink and small blue embossed flower together with foam tape. Arrange the flowers on the left edge of the tag and glue as shown.
- Trim individual flowers from remaining dark pink stamped floral border and foam tape to flower centers and doll's hair band as shown. Cover 2 chipboard hearts with dark pink paper and trim edges evenly. Ink the paper covered hearts with VersaMark, sprinkle with vintage pink embossing tinsel, and emboss. Zot one heart centered on the doll's belt, and the other centered on the layered flowers. Ink "sweet" chipboard word with VersaMark, sprinkle with vintage blue embossing tinsel, and emboss. Glue to the upper left edge of the tag. Tie a bow with blue sheer dotted ribbon and Zot to the tag as shown. Tie the top with ribbon. Glue green rick rack along the bottom of the tag, trimming edges evenly.