About the Project
Technique: Working with the Tapestry Collection
Designer: LeNae Gerig
Our collection of Tapestry Papers includes this wonderful pastel set that I really enjoyed mixing between the two pages. While both layouts are very different, the pages have the common element of color and shared papers.
By LeNae Gerig
Click to Enlarge
Click to Enlarge
- Tapestry Collection
- Tapestry Ribbons
- Easy Circles Template
- Pastel Flowers
- 2 gold standard brads
- Foam tape
- Brown inkpad
- Sage green and light pink cardstock
- Emery board
- Mat a 4x6 and 5x7 photo with green paper, leaving a 1/8 wide mat on the 4"x6" photo. Extend the mat on the 5x7 photo to 5/8 longer on the bottom and glue a 1/2 wide strip of striped paper at the center. Arrange the photos on the pink floral paper as shown.
- Journal and print onto green cardstock then trace a 3 circle around the journaling from the template and ink the edges brown. Arrange the circle near the bottom of the page among hearts, a circle and flower punch-outs. Attach the small flower and circle with foam tape, as shown. Layer the flower punch out with a small blue flower secure with a brad.
- Embellish the photos with scroll punch-outs. Tie a small piece of the blue organdy ribbon on one swirl punch-out, and attach the two heart punch-outs with ribbon overlapping the other swirl, as shown. Attach the "beautiful" file tab to the top of the 5"x7" photo.
- Cut the striped paper to 8 1/4x12 and ink the long edges. Glue to the center of the sage green patterned paper.
- Mat a 5x7 photo with green and the two 4x6 photos with pink cardstock, leaving a 1/8 wide border. Glue the small photos to each side of the page and the large photo at the center, overlapping the inner edges of the smaller photos. Adhere the you & me sticker to the lower left corner of the large photo.
- Sand the centers and outer edges of the burgundy punched border. Glue lengths of border at the top and bottom of the large photo, as shown. Layer pink flowers with a blue punched flower and secure to the top right of the large photo with a brad. Foam tape and glue the flower circle and pink punched flower to the top of the page, as shown.