Project comments (0) | Write a comment
8x8 Disney Princess Pages
|Paper Wishes Weekly Webisodes
||Free classes with Paper Wishes Webisodes. Watch every Wednesday for new tips, tricks and techniques!
About the Projects
Technique: 8x8 Disney Princess Pages
Designers: LeNae Gerig & Paris Dukes
Want to create quick and easy Disney-themed pages for both boys and girls? Check out these two sweet, stylish layouts made by Disney fans LeNae and Paris using the brand-new 8x8 Disney Princess Papers collection!
Lauren & Tink
By LeNae Gerig
Disney papers arent just for pictures of the parks! Tinker Bell-themed papers and coordinating artwork create a sweet backdrop for LeNaes treasured photo of Lauren in one of her all-time favorite fairy costumes. LeNae added her own style to this layout by accenting the border with fun pinwheels and bright mini brads, and created her own tag to feature journaling.
- Use the lime texture with Tinker bell border paper as the background. Cut a 3 1/2 wide strip of lime/purple stripe paper with the stripes running lengthwise, then glue the paper piece 1 1/2 in from the left side of the page.
- Mat a vertical photo on white cardstock, trimming the mat to 1/8. Mat again on lavender pixie dust paper, trim the mat to 3/16 and glue the matted photo centered over the lime/purple stripe paper.
- Cut out the lime with yellow flower tag. Place the tag on a cutting mat and use an X-acto knife to cut around the outer edge of two petals on the left side of the flower. Accent the center of the flower with one lavender mini brad and one silver pinwheel.
- Computer journal onto white cardstock and cut into a tag shape. Mat on lavender pixie dust paper, trimming the mat to 1/8, and accent the journaling with lavender decorating chalk. Glue the journaling tag at an angle over the lime tag from step 3, tucking it under the yellow flower petals that you cut around, then glue the overlapping tags in the top right corner of the photo. Cut a 4 length of lavender grosgrain ribbon and trim the tails at an angle. Tie a knot in the center of the ribbon length and use a Zot to secure the knot to the top of the tags. Add one white mini brad to each of the remaining three corners of the photos lavender pixie dust mat.
- Use lavender, lime, yellow and white mini brads paired with silver pinwheels to accent the centers of the flowers that run down the background paper border.
Graphic: snow white & spencer.eps
Snow White & Spencer
By Paris Dukes
Think you can only showcase feminine photos on Disney Princess papers? In this Snow White & Spencer layout, Paris shows us that you can feature photos of your favorite little boys on these versatile papers, too! The Snow White paper creates a perfect background for this Disney vacation photo while the brown and blue color scheme and clean lines offer a masculine feel to the page.
- Use the brown with Snow White border paper as the background. Alternate between brown mini brads and light blue mini brads to accent the centers of the pattern that runs down the border. Mat a vertical photo on light blue pixie dust paper, trimming the mat to 1/8. Glue the photo 1 in from the left edge and 3/16 down from the top edge of the page.
- Cut out the small blue tag and use a black pen to journal the name and date on the tag. Cut an 8 length of light blue grosgrain ribbon and trim the tails at an angle. Tie the ribbon into a shoestring bow and add one brown big brad to the center of the bow. Use a Zot to secure the bow in the top right corner of the photo, overlapping the top of the tag.
- Cut a 5 3/4 length of light blue grosgrain ribbon and trim each end into an inverted V. Use one brown mini brad in each end to secure the ribbon length 5/8 up from the bottom of the page and centered under the photo. Cut out the Snow White label and use foam tape to attach the label over the ribbon length, centering the label under the photo.
Love the idea of a Disney mini album? Check out more Disney-themed supplies for your 8"x8" mini album here!