By Susan Cobb
- Use the brown/aqua dotted paper as the background. Double-mat a 4"x6" photo on white cardstock, then aqua textured paper, trimming the white mat to 1/16" and the aqua mat to 1/4" and inking the edges of each. Write the year down the top right edge of the aqua mat and glue the photo at an angle in the top right corner of the page.
- Double-mat a 4"x5" photo on dark brown textured paper, then aqua textured paper, trimming the brown mat to 1/4" and the aqua mat to 1/16" and inking the edges of each. Glue the photo at an angle in the top left corner of the page and add an aqua mini brad to each corner of the brown mat. Layer a small white silk flower on top of a large white flower and attach them in the bottom left corner of the photo with an aqua dotted brad in the center.
- Use the template to trace and cut a bump tab out of dark brown paper, then ink the edges. Mat the tab on aqua paper, trim the mat to 1/16" and ink the edges. Ink the edges of a 1/2"-wide strip of aqua paper and glue it across the tab, trimming the excess even with the tab edges. Glue the “my family” fragment cut-out over the aqua strip, then glue the tab overlapping the bottom edge of the left photo.
- Computer journal three paragraphs onto white cardstock, crop each paragraph to a 1 7/8"-wide strip and ink the edges. Trace and cut a straight arrow tab out of aqua paper and ink the edges. Glue the tab around the left edge of the first journaling strip and glue the journaling below the left photo. Add the “laughter” fragment cut-out down the tab.
- Trace and cut a triangle tab out of aqua/brown dotted paper and ink the edges. Glue the tab around the left end of the third journaling strip and glue the strip below the first strip. Add the “remember” fragment cut-out down the tab.
- Trace and cut a thumb notch tab out of aqua paper and ink the edges. Glue the tab around the right end of the second journaling strip. Ink the edges of two 1/4"-wide strips of dots from the aqua/brown dotted paper, then mat them on dark brown paper and trim the mats to 1/32". Glue one strip down the tab and one strip even with the left edge of the journaling, trimming any excess even with the edges. Glue the journaling over the right side of the page, slightly overlapping the other two journaling strips. Tie 8" of aqua ribbon into a bow and use a Zot™ to attach it just above the journaling strip.
- Computer journal the name onto the long blank fragment cut-out, then ink the edges. Mat on aqua paper, trim the mat to 1/16" and ink the edges. Glue the fragment in the bottom right corner of the page.
A Tip From Susan:
To make tabs that wrap around the edges of your photos, mats or journaling, start by creating a fold in the paper you'd like to use to make the tab. Position your choice of pattern from the Folder Tabs template with the dotted “fold” line over the fold in the paper. Lightly trace the template pattern with a pencil, then cut around the edges of the penciled lines, taking care to not cut the fold. When using a variety of tab shapes on one project, inking or sanding the edges of the tabs will help to define the different shapes.
Questions? Email us!
This Page To A Friend
If you no longer wish to receive the Layouts With Pizazz newsletter,
please let us know by clicking
Click here to view past Layouts With Pizazz.
here for a printable copy (requires Adobe
© 2007 Hot Off the Press
1250 NW Third Avenue, Canby, OR 97013