About the Layouts
Technique: Brad Buddies
Designer: LeNae Gerig
Girl's Best Friend
By LeNae Gerig
Honor the special bond between your children and their beloved furry friend with a dog-themed layout! LeNae created this layout with versatile papers from Flea Market Fabrics sarapapers, emphasizing the theme with adorable Dog Brad Buddies. An altering tip? Use any color of permanent pen to emphasize the lines and boost the dimension on your Brad Buddies. LeNae made the "World's Best Dog!" phrase really stand out on the dog bone Brad Buddies by tracing the letters with a black pen.
- Paper Pizazz Flea Market Fabrics sarapapers: Rust striped, rust floral and light blue textured papers plus tag
- Paper Pizazz Definitions & Words Ephemera
- Flea Market Fabrics Embellish-abilities: Light blue gingham brad, light blue mini brads, brown mini brads, brown sheer ribbon
- Dog Brad Buddies
- tan cardstock
- ivory cardstock
- black permanent pen
- brown ink pad
- brown decorating chalk
- foam tape
- Glue stick
- Use the rust striped paper as the background, turning the paper so the stripes run vertically. Ink the edges of a 7 1/2"x10 1/4" piece of rust floral paper, then glue 1/2" from the right edge of the page, centered between the top and bottom edges.
- Mat two horizontal photos on tan cardstock, trimming the mats to 1/8". Computer journal the year onto ivory cardstock and crop to a small rectangle, then chalk the surface and ink the edges. Glue the journaling vertically behind the top right edge of one of the photo mats. Mat the photos together on light blue textured paper, placing the photo with the year tab 1/8" above the other photo. Tear around the edges of the light blue mat, leaving an uneven border of about a 1/4" around the edges of the photos. Ink the torn edges and let the ink dry, then slightly roll the edges up for a distressed look. Add a light blue mini brad to each corner of both photos. Use a red heart mini brad to attach a dog Brad Buddy in the top left corner of the bottom photo. Glue the matted photos centered over the rust floral paper piece.
- Computer journal onto ivory cardstock and crop to a small square by tearing around the edges. Chalk the surface of the journaling and ink the edges, then use foam tape to secure the it over the tan/blue stripe tag. Attach the tag at an angle with a light blue mini brad in the bottom right corner of the page, slightly overlapping the bottom photo.
- Cut out the "giggle" definition and ink the edges. Fold a 2 1/2" length of brown sheer ribbon in half and use a light blue gingham brad to attach the folded end behind the top right corner of the definition. Tear a piece of rust floral paper and light blue textured paper (about the same size as the definition ephemera) and ink the edges brown. Glue the light blue textured paper in the top left corner of the page, then layer the rust floral paper and the definition ephemera on top at varying angles.
- Tear around the edges of the "true" definition and ink the torn edges. Glue the definition below the "giggle" definition. Use a red brad to attach a "woof" Brad Buddy overlapping the top edge.
- Cut out the "friendship" definition and ink the edges. Add two brown mini brads to the top right corner of the definition. Tear a square of light blue textured paper (slightly larger than the definition) and ink the torn edges. Glue the paper below the "true" definition, then layer the "friendship" definition on top. Use a black permanent pen to fill in the words on the dog bone Brad Buddy, then use a black brad to attach the dog bone overlapping the bottom edge of the definition.
A Day with Dad
By LeNae Gerig
Masculine colors and adorable images make Boy Brad Buddies the perfect embellishment for accenting layouts and handmade cards for the special boys in your life. Brad Buddies are so easy to add to papers, but the creativity doesn't have to end there! LeNae used Brad Buddies to jazz up unique materials like a fabric pocket and a heavyweight frameit's as easy as adding a brad or two!
- Paper Pizazz Busy Scrapper's Solution for Boys to Men Pages: Light blue textured, blue plaid and red textured papers
- Boy Brad Buddies
- Attachments Boy Fabric Pocket
- Attachments Boy Frames
- Attachments Boy Ribbon Words
- Attachments Boy Ribbons: Blue/white gingham and blue grosgrain ribbons
- Ruby Red Button Brads
- Lily Pond Button Brads
- red, white & blue striped buttons
- white cardstock
- black ink pad
- 1/16" hole punch
- glue stick
- Use the light blue textured paper as the background. Cut a 2 1/2"-wide strip of blue plaid paper, then mat the long right side on red textured paper. Glue the strip even with the left edge of the page.
- Mat a photo on red textured paper and ink the edges. Fold a 2" length of ribbon words in half and secure the loose ends behind the bottom right corner of the photo mat to create a tab. Glue the photo centered over the light blue portion of the background.
- Lay a gingham frame horizontally and punch a hole in the top right corner. Insert a blue star brad into a baseball cap Brad Buddies, then attach the baseball cap in the top right corner of the frame by inserting the brad into the punched hole. Knot a length of blue grosgrain ribbon around the bottom left edge of the frame. Punch a hole in the left edge of the frame above the knotted ribbon and add a green button brad. Glue the frame over the photo, framing the subjects.
- Mat a photo on red textured paper and ink the edges. Computer journal the year onto white cardstock, crop to a small rectangle and ink the edges. Glue it behind the bottom right edge of the mat. Fold a 2" length of blue/white gingham ribbon in half and secure the loose ends behind the mat, just above the journaling. Glue the photo over the right side of the page.
- Run a 13" length of ribbon words across the bottom of the page, wrapping the ends around the edges of the page to secure on the back. Use two black mini brads to attach a frog Brad Buddies centered over the fabric pocket. Use a Zot to secure a striped button in the bottom right corner of the pocket with a medium red button brad. Knot a 2" length of gingham ribbon and use a Zot to secure the knot in the center of the button. Attach the pocket at an angle.
- Computer journal onto white cardstock and crop to a vertical rectangle. Ink the edges of the journaling black, then use two red mini brads to attach a bike Brad Buddies in the blank space above the journaling. Glue the journaling over the left side of the page with the bottom edge tucked behind the fabric pocket. Add four small red button brads evenly spaced along the ribbon words length.
Just click here to check out all the Brad Buddies.