Sleeping Beauty’s Castle
By Paris Dukes
to view large image
For the Left Page:
- Use the Sleeping Beauty pink/brown striped paper as the background. Mat a vertical photo on brown cardstock, trimming the mat to 1/8”. Glue the photo 5/16” from the right edge and 5/8” from the bottom edge of the page. Cut out the tag and use a brown pen to journal onto the pink portion. Add a pink mini brad to the tab, then use foam tape to secure the tag at an angle over the top left corner of the photo.
- Cut a 9” length of brown grosgrain ribbon and lay it across the top of the page, 5/8” from the top edge. Wrap the ends around the edges of the page and secure on the back to hold the ribbon in place. Cut out the “Sleeping Beauty” label and use foam tape to attach it on top of the ribbon length, centered above the photo.
For the Right Page:
- Use the pink/brown striped paper as the background, turning the paper so the border is on the right. Mat a vertical photo on brown cardstock, trimming the mat to 1/8”. Glue the photo 5/16” from the left edge and 7/8” from the top edge of the page. Cut out the tag and use a brown pen to journal onto the light brown portion. Add a pink mini brad to the tab, then use foam tape to secure the tag in the bottom right corner of the photo.
- Cut out the three flower tiles and add a brown mini brad to the center of each flower. Cut three 2” lengths of brown grosgrain ribbon and trim the tails of each at an angle. Fold each length in half, then secure the folded end of one ribbon length behind the right side of each of the flower tiles. Use foam tape to secure the tiles down the top of the printed ribbon border on the background paper. Cut out the “wishes & dreams”, “Every little girl is a princess” and “true heart” fragments and glue one fragment flush against the left side of each of the flower tiles, as shown.
- Use a brown pen to journal the place and date in the bottom left corner of the page.
A tip from Paris: Not a fan of your own handwriting, but still want the look of handwritten journaling? Try computer journaling in a simple font and layering the printed journaling under the portion of your scrapbook page where you want to add the journaling. Place both sheets on top of a light table or hold them up to a window so the printed journaling is visible through the page, then use a pen to trace over the printed journaling directly onto your page.
Questions? Email us!
This Page To A Friend
If you no longer wish to receive the Layouts With Pizazz newsletter,
please let us know by clicking
Click here to view past Layouts With Pizazz.
here for a printable copy (requires Adobe
© 2006 Hot Off the Press
1250 NW Third Avenue, Canby, OR 97013