Project comments (0) | Write a comment
8x8 Almost Done Page Kits
|Paper Wishes Weekly Webisodes
||Free classes with Paper Wishes Webisodes. Watch every Wednesday for new tips, tricks and techniques!
About the Projects
Technique: 8x8 Almost Done Page Kits
Designer: Paris Dukes
Quick and easy projects dont have to look that way! Just grab a glue stick and a pen plus your favorite 8x8 Almost Done Page Kit and youre ready to create eye-catching mini album pages in just minutes. Let your page kit do double-duty for fast, fabulous designer cards, too!
By Paris Dukes
For the Left Page:
- Use the polka dot with blue border paper as the background, turning the paper so the border runs down the left side.
- Mat a vertical photo on solid blue paper, trimming the mat to 3/16, then glue 3/4 in from the right edge and 5/8 down from the top edge of the page.
- Add the family tab to the left top edge of solid blue photo mat. Add the Family Fun pocket and tag centered over the blue border that runs down the left edge of the page. Use a black pen to journal onto the large blue tag, then adhere the tag at an angle over the bottom right corner of the photo.
For the Right Page
- Use the blue with polka dot border paper as the background, turning the paper so the border runs across the bottom edge.
- Mat a horizontal photo on solid brown paper, trimming the mat to 1/8, then glue centered 5/8 down from the top of the page.
- Add the memories tab to the top right edge of the matted photo, overlapping the solid brown mat. Secure the family ribbon fragment centered over the striped portion of the background papers border. Use a black pen to journal onto the brown slide mount, then secure the slide mount over the left edge of the photo.
By Paris Dukes
- Turn the card so the fold runs down the left edge. Cover the front of the card with the color block paper with the large blue section, placing the green portion in the bottom right corner of the card.
- Cut three 1/2 wide strips of solid blue paper and use a black pen to add faux stitching pen work to the long edges. Mat the long edges of each strip on solid brown paper, trimming the mat to 1/16. Glue the strips to the card front, as shown, overlapping the seams between the different color blocks, then trim the excess paper strips even with the edges of the card.
- Add the bow over the vertical blue strip on the card front. Add the two 3-D bottle cap embellishments over the green color blocked portion, place the 3-D friends label over the tan portion and add the floral embellishments over the blue portion, as shown. Use a black pen to journal the word Thanks! in the bottom left corner of the card front.
Almost Done Page Kits make your scrapbooking and card making a breeze! Click here to check out all 6 themes of 8x8 Almost Done Page Kits, and keep your eyes out for new themes in the future! Working on a full-size album? Click here to see 19 themes of 12x12 Almost Dones, too!