Project comments (0)
| Write a comment
By Susan Cobb
Designer's Tip: These colorful papier tole die-cuts and velvet flowers are perfect for balancing out the large black and white photos on this page.
- Mat the 6"x4" horizontal photo on green tiles paper with 1/4"borders. Mat on white with 1/16" borders. Mat on purple floral paper with 1/4" borders at top and sides, and a 1" border across the bottom. Mat the 4 3/4"x3" horizontal photo on pink dots paper with 1/8" borders, then mat on white with 1/16" borders. Mat the 3"x2 ¾" photo on green, with ¼" borders. Mat again on white with 1/16" borders. Arrange the photos on the floral corners/striped background paper, overlapping them as shown. Glue corners of photos in place except for the upper left corner of the large photo.
- Write or computer print "Sisters" and names on white cardstock and trim to rectangles. Mat on purple with 1/16" borders. Add to the page tucking the edges beneath the photos as shown.
- Place your page on your cutting mat. Lift the upper left corner of the large photo and cut only around the leaves in the design of the paper that are covered when the corner of the photo mat is in place. Lift the cut area and place the corner of the matted photo through the opening. Glue the cut leaves over the photo mat.
- Cut an 8" length of pink sheer dotted ribbon and glue across the bottom of the large purple photo mat, even with the right side. Glue the left edge to the back of the mat. Tie a bow with remaining ribbon and trim ends. Zot the bow over the lower left corner of the matting. Place velvet flowers near and over the center of the ribbon as shown. Add two more flowers between smaller photos.
- Punch out the pieces for the papier tole embellishment. Layer together with foam tape then glue to the right side of the page, overlapping the pink sheer dotted ribbon. Punch out the two butterfly extra art die-cuts and foam tape to the page as shown.