Cherished photo Album
Cherished photo Album
By Susan Cobb
Click to Enlarge
Designer's Tip: Layer the papers and chipboard pieces for a beautiful collaged effect, then embellish with brads.
- Sara's Surfaces 6"x6" Album
- Lyric Paper
- Lyric Chipboard Die Cuts
- Lyric Brads
- Lyric Frames
- Sanding Block
- Viva Pink Glimmer Mist
- 3-D Foam Squares Variety Pack
- Black .01 Precision Pen
- Tacky Glue
- newsprint or other material to protect your work area
- font: Sudestada
- Remove the posts from the album and place open with the outside cover facing up on your protected work area. Mist over the entire cover with Viva Pink Glimmer Mist, then let dry.
- Sand the edges of a sheet of black lace paper and align it to the top of the front album cover, 1/2" from the right. Glue in place. Cut a 2 1/4"x6" pink/white tiles paper and sand the edges. Glue overlapping the black lace paper, 1/8" from the top and 1/4" from the left edge of the paper. Sand the edges of the ivory paper with large centered frame, flowers, and butterfly. Glue to the cover, close to the right and bottom edges of the album.
- Cut a 6"x3/4" brown textured paper and sand the edges. Cut a 6"x1/4" black lace paper strip and sand the edges on one long side. Glue centered to the brown textured rectangle. Add brads to the right side, then glue the piece across the ivory/frame paper, 3 1/4" from the bottom. Tear a 2"x1 3/4" piece of music/roses paper. Tear "cherished" from the edge of the peach paper and glue angled overlapping the music paper. Add chipboard button and brads as shown. Glue to the upper left portion of the ivory/frame paper.
- Back the peach chipboard frame with white/pink hearts paper, trimming edges evenly. Foam tape the round clock face chipboard piece overlapping the upper left corner of the frame as shown. Add brads to the frame as shown. Glue to the ivory/frame paper overlapping the brown textured rectangle. Foam tape the large roses chipboard element overlapping the bottom of the chipboard frame. Add the lace chipboard border to the left side and the pink chipboard ruler across the top right.
- Place the decorative rectangle frame over the "adorable" definition and glue in place. Trim evenly around the edges. Glue to the right side of the cover as shown. Cut out a tiny butterfly from remaining paper and foam tape above "cherished". Write or computer print name on peach paper and trim to a small tag shape. Mat on black lace paper with thin borders. Glue near the roses chipboard piece.
1 year 6 months ago:
Susan, your album covers are so pretty. I recently purchased five of them at the Girlfriends Getaway. I don't know if all 5 are yours but I know this one and "It's the Little Things" are. I also purchased 2010 Christmas Memories, Family Photos and Wish, these too are lovely! I plan to fill these with heritage layouts for my sisters. Thanks for the pretty covers!