Get all the major supplies needed to make this project with the House, Papers & Accents bundle or you can order them separately.
LeNae's Tip: The manufacturer recommends tracing the house shapes and then gluing to the house. However, I found that for a perfect fit, when dressing the house shapes, glue the paper to the house chipboard surface, turn over and use a craft knife to cut around the shape. If the paper is tight at the corners when folding, use the craft knife to make cuts on the paper covering the fold. This will allow for easy folding.
By LeNae Gerig
Click to Enlarge
- Chipboard House
- Use 'Em for Anything Dots & Stripes
- Bohemian Embellish-abilities
- Glue dots
- Glue stick
- Craft knife and cutting surface
- Black inkpad
- Black and white photos
- Sanding block
- Apply glue stick to the house and cover with black dot paper. Cut a length of 2 of the scallops and cover with red dot paper. Glue, overlapping, along both points of the house (repeat for inside.) Lightly sand the edges of the house. Re-punch the holes on the left corer of the house and thread with sheer white dot ribbon. To close the house, secure by tying a bow.
- Cover the roof with red/pink/tan/black striped paper and sand the scalloped edges. Secure a large white flower with pink button to the left side. Journal on a small black tag and glue under the button.
- Cover the large circle chipboard with a b&w photo and lightly sand the edges. Attach another photo behind the door and cover the door frame with red dot paper and ink the edges. Glue the door and round window to the house front and embellish the window with a dot bow.
- Windows: Cover the shutters with striped paper and use a cotton swab to apply black ink to the curved areas and inside the windows. Glue photos behind the windows and glue to the house sides.