Mommy & Me Page
Get all the major supplies needed to make this project with the Soft Nostalgia Set, or you can order them separately.
Mommy & Me Page
By Ann Bernklau
Click to Enlarge
Designer Tips: Create a fun ribbon border by inserting a row of brad buddies over the ribbon. Cut along the flowers on the background paper so they can overlap your photo mat for a fun layered look.
- 20 Terrific Tags
- Soft Nostalgia Paper Pack
- Soft Nostalgia Ribbons
- Flower Mini Brad Buddies™
- Retractable Pick
- Knife & Refill
- Medium Zots™
- Black pen
- Start with the peach daisy border paper with the border along the bottom. Use an X-acto® knife to cut along the top halves of the first 3 daisies. Cut a 3½"x12" strip of the multicolored stripe and glue along the right side of the page.
- Cut a 7½"x6¼" piece of the yellow dot paper. Journal on the bottom 2" and glue a 6"x4" photo on the top of the yellow. Glue the yellow piece onto 8¾"x6¾" of brown texture.
- With a craft pick, poke 5 evenly spaced holes in a row along the space between the photo and the journaling. Insert a teal mini brad into a pink mini Brad Buddie then insert the prongs through pink sheer swirl ribbon and into the first hole, spreading the prongs at the back. Tape the end of the ribbon to the back of the brown paper. Do the same thing with the rest of the holes, alternating between pink and teal brads and Brad Buddies. Glue the large mat to the page with the cut-out daisies overlapping it at the bottom, 1" from the left and 1½" from the top.
- Journal a title on a small piece of yellow dot paper. Mat onto teal texture leaving a 1/16" border, then mat again onto brown texture, leaving a 1/8" border. Glue title at the top of the photo mat.
- Journal a caption on a small pink tag and add a teal Brad Buddie to the top. Glue just to the left of the title.
- Cut 3 diamond shaped pictures (2"x2" squares). Mat the first onto brown paper, leaving a ¼" border on the right sides only. Mat onto teal texture, leaving a ¼" border. Glue to the striped piece on the page, ¼" from the top and touching the right side. Repeat this with the other two photos, placing them below the first. For the middle photo, make the brown matting appear on the left side. Zot 2 shiny yellow ribbon bows to the border photos, one in between each photo.