By Susan Cobb
Click to Enlarge
Designer's Tip: Mix a variety of die-cuts with pretty edges for lots of options! It's fun to mix and match these papers and die-cuts together.
- Espresso Artful Card Kit
- Espresso Artful Card Ribbon Collection
- White Cards & Envelopes
- 12x12 White Cardstock
- Medium Zots™
- Foam Tape
- Dark Brown Fluid Chalk Ink Pad
- Corner Chomper
- Card Front: Place your card with the fold on the left. Cover the card front with Espresso brown/tan tiles paper. Mat top and bottom edges of a 5"x4" Espresso brown/dark brown patterned paper on white with 1/16" borders. Glue to the card front, 3/4" from the bottom. Foam tape the light brown scalloped border die-cut across the brown/dark brown paper, 1/16" from the bottom of the paper. Trim sides evenly and ink the edges of the card brown.
- Cut a 3 1/2"x4" Espresso light brown/ivory patterned paper and round the corners using the 1/2" setting on the Corner Chomper. Mat on white with 1/16" borders. Wrap brown satin ribbon around the lower portion of the rectangle and tie a bow. Glue to the card front, 1" from the right side and 2" from the bottom of the card. Punch out the white/ivory die-cut with oval center and flourished edges. Glue centered over the top of the rounded rectangle. Foam tape the brown scalloped die-cut with light brown center over the white/ivory die-cut. Cut out "Celebrate!" label and foam tape centered over the brown die-cut. Foam tape the tiny gear die-cuts at sides as shown.
- Punch out the pocket watch die-cut and place the top beneath the knot of the bow, then foam tape in place. Add the small tan/ivory/white oval die-cut with shaped ends to the right side of the card. Foam tape a small key die-cut centered on the oval.
- Card Inside: Punch out the large light brown/brown die-cut frame and back the opening with Espresso brown/dark brown paper. Glue centered to the inside. Cut out the "Hoping your day is full of love & laughter" label and glue centered on the paper. Glue tiny gear die-cuts at ends. Back remaining light brown scalloped border die-cut with Espresso brown/dark brown paper leaving a 1/16" border at top and bottom. Glue to the inside, 1/16" from the bottom edge. Zot knotted brown satin ribbon near border as shown.