Project comments (1) | Write a comment
Happy Fathers Day Card
Get all the major supplies needed to make this project with the Father Card bundle or you can order them separately.
Laura's Tip:Personalize the metal Brad Buddies™ with a permanent inkpad like Staz-On! This "thanks" embellishment comes silver, but has been altered with black ink.
Happy Father's Day Card
By Laura Nicholas
- Cover the card front with brown paper.
- Cut a 4 3/4"x6 1/4" piece of striped border paper, positioning the striped border as 1/2"-wide. Ink the edges. Layer sheer and gingham ribbons and secure the ends behind the border paper. Glue to the brown paper.
- Cut out the file folder from the Creative Kit and ink the edges.
- Place the Thanks Brad Buddy™ on scrap paper, then press the brown inkpad onto the surface. Repeat until you have the coverage you want. Let dry, then secure to the front of the file folder with the white mini brad and glue dots.
- Cut a 2 1/2"x3" piece of parchment paper. Ink the edges and mat on dark brown paper. Add penwork, then glue the file folder to the matted piece.
- Wrap sheer ribbon around the "T" on the Brad Buddy™, where the flower brad would go, and tuck the ends behind the mat. Tie a bow of gingham ribbon and use a glue dot to attach it overlapping the sheer ribbon and the striped border of the folder.
- Foam tape the mat to the front of the card.
- Cut out the gold tag and add journaling, then tuck into the folder.
- For the card inside: Cut a strip of border paper and ink the edges, then mat on dark brown paper and add penwork to the edges of the strip.
- Layer ribbons and tuck ends behind the strip. Attach to the inside of the card with foam tape. Glue dot a gingham bow at the top of the ribbons.