Project comments (0) | Write a comment
|Paper Wishes Weekly Webisodes
||Free classes with Paper Wishes Webisodes. Watch every Wednesday for new tips, tricks and techniques!
About the Projects
Technique: Journaling Template
Designer: LeNae Gerig
LeNae likes to practice her journaling on scrap paper to make sure her words will fit. You can draw journaling lines in pencil to use as a guide and then erase when youre done.
By LeNae Gerig
- Cover the card front with red textured paper. Cut a 4 3/4x6 1/4 piece of black music paper and lightly sand the edges with the emery board. Turn the paper over and trace the journaling circle on what will be the lower right corner. Use the knife to cut out the circle. Sand the inside edges of the circle. Glue the black rectangle centered on the red.
- Use a pen to trace the bottom two lines from the circle shape onto the red paper at the center of the cutaway circle. Write For You on the lines. Evenly space eight white mini brads around the circle edge. Secure a black flower with a square dot brad inside the circle. Glue the paper to the card front.
- Cut a 2 1/4x4 3/4 rectangle of red textured paper and lightly sand the long edges. Trace overlapping swirls from the template. Glue to the card front, above the circle cut-out. Cut out the happy birthday tags and ink the edges. Secure to the swirl border. Tie a bow in a piece of gingham ribbon and use a Zot to attach at the top of the tags.
- For the Inside: Cut a 1 5/8x4 3/4 piece of black music paper and glue centered to the top inside back. Secure a red flower with a black mini brad at the edge of the rectangle.
Now & Then
By LeNae Gerig
- Use a pencil to trace the spiral directly onto the upper right corner of the background page; journal around the spiral in pen. Use a knife to cut around the left side of the spiral. Once the pen is dry, erase the pencil lines. Mat a 5x7 photo on brown cardstock and slip under the spiral.
- Double-mat a 3 3/8x5 1/8 photo on blue cardstock and then tan swirl paper, leaving a 1/4 wide border. Ink the edges and adhere overlapping the large photo.
- Secure the Love mini Brad Buddy at the base of the smaller photo and the family Brad Buddy at the top.
- Trace two journaling arrows onto blue cardstock, cut out and mat on brown. Journal on each arrow, then add mini and arrow brads. Attach with foam tape overlapping each photo.
By LeNae Gerig
- Trim 1/4 from the bottom edge of the brown floral paper and tear the paper, at an angle, down the middle. Glue the floral paper on the right side of the brown cardstock background paper and gently roll back the edges of the floral paper to create a white border.
- For the title: Lightly sand the pink letters to add some white contrast. Outline each letter with pen. Tear a small strip of brown dot paper and glue to the I. Alternate using foam tape on every other letter when mounting to the page.
- Double-mat the 5x7 photo on brown, then pink cardstock. Cut a 4 1/2x8 1/2 rectangle of brown dot paper, tear one short end and glue the matted photo on top.. Adhere photo to the floral paper. Embellish the photo with sheer flowers, layered and secured with brown brads.
- For the journaling tags: Use a brown pen to draw the journaling lines on pink cardstock and then add the brackets. Cut each into a rectangle, use the punch to round each corner and ink the edges. Adhere the tags to the page as shown and then secure with brown mini brads. Use the smaller tag over the photo and mount with foam tape for a lift.