Project comments (0)
| Write a comment
Stitches & Thinga-ma-jigs
|Paper Wishes Weekly Webisodes
||Free classes with Paper Wishes Webisodes. Watch every Wednesday for new tips, tricks and techniques!
About the Pages
Technique: Stitches & Thinga-ma-jigs
Designer: Paris Dukes & LeNae Gerig
By Paris Dukes
Using the Easy Stitches Template, Paris mixed and matched four different stitching styles to add a patchwork effect to this vintage layout.
- Place the flourish striped paper with the stripes running vertically. Cut three 12"x1 3/4" strips of aqua flourish paper. Glue one strip 3/4" from the bottom of the page, glue a second strip 1/2" above the first strip and glue the final strip 1/2" above the second strip.
- Mat two horizontal photos, one above the other, on burgundy textured paper with 3/4" of space between. Trim the mat to 1/8" and glue even with the top right edge of the page. Position the template so the large zigzag stitching is centered in the space between the photos, then use a black pen to trace the pattern. Foam tape three small flower tile cut-outs across the traced stitching.
- Use the template to trace straight stitching along the top and bottom edges of the top aqua flourish strip. Trace the small zigzag stitching along the top and bottom edges of the second strip and trace cross-stitching along the edges of the bottom strip. Ink the edges of the three floral tile cut-outs and foam tape them across the top strip. Ink the edges of alphabet tiles to spell the destination, then foam tape the tiles across the second and bottom strips. Ink the edges of the fun times tile cut-out and foam tape it on the right end of the bottom strip.
- Tape one end each of two 3" lengths of navy grosgrain ribbon side-by-side behind the top left edge of the page. Journal onto the aqua and burgundy flourish tags. Wrap the ribbon lengths around the top of the page so they extend downward on the front of the page, then foam tape the tags side-by-side with tabs overlapping the loose end of the ribbons. Knot two 3" lengths of ribbon and use Zots to secure one knot over each tag's tab.
Emma & Alley
By LeNae Gerig
LeNae combined the Thinga-ma-jigs Template with colorful inks and fun rubber stamps to add playful accents throughout this girly layout.
- Place the lavender paper with the striped border at the bottom. Mat a 5"x7" photo on white cardstock, trim the mat to 1/8" and ink the edges. Mat again on pink plaid paper, trim the mat to 1/4" and glue at an angle over the left side of the page. Add one lavender heart brad, then one magenta flower brad, then another lavender heart brad down the bottom left corner of the photo. Foam tape the fairytale punch-out over the bottom edge of the photo.
- Mat a 3" square photo on white cardstock, trim the mat to 1/8" and ink the edges. Mat again on lavender plaid paper, trim the mat to 1/4" and glue in the bottom right corner of the page, just above the border. Foam tape the giggle punch-out in the bottom right corner of the photo and add a yellow flower brad to the left. Foam tape the sugar & spice flower punch-out between the two photos, then add the crown Brad Buddy above.
- Computer journal the names onto white cardstock with 1 1/4" of space between. Crop the journaling, ink the edges and mat on yellow plaid paper, trimming the mat to 1/4". Position the template so the & is centered between the names and trace the shape with a magenta pen. Add purple ink to the small polka dots stamp and stamp over the &. Remove the template, then attach the journaling in the top right corner of the page with a magenta mini brad in each corner.
- Position the bracket shape from the template just above the journaling. Use a cosmetic sponge to apply purple ink over the bracket. Add magenta ink to the small polka dots stamp and stamp over the bracket shape. Repeat the purple ink and polka dots stamp for a second bracket centered below the journaling.
- Use the template, a cosmetic sponge and purple ink to add the flower asterisk shape to the left of the sugar & spice punch-out. Add a yellow mini brad to the center of the asterisk.