Creating Vacation-themed Mini Album Pages
About the Pages
Technique: Creating Vacation-themed Mini Album Pages
Designer: Shauna Berglund-Immel
Adventures on the Big Island
By Shauna Berglund-Immel
Vacation season is here and 8x8 mini albums are the perfect place to record all those vacation memories. Dedicate a whole album to a single vacation, or feature highlights from several vacations in one book. In Adventures on the Big Island, Shauna used coordinating 8x8 papers, cardstock and cut-outs to make this tropical theme really pop. All she added were a few pieces of ribbon and the pages were donequickly and easily!
8x8 vacation-themed papers are perfect for any destination, Shauna says. From the ocean to the forest, fun in the sun or sightseeing in an exotic country, these papers come in a variety of colors and themes so I always have the perfect papers and cut-outs, no matter where I go! Shauna adds, Dont forget the journaling! Recording all of the little things like the games you played and the songs you sang, the times you got lost and some facts about your destination will ensure that youll remember them forever.
- patterned Paper Pizazz 8x8 Vacation Papers: Blue stripe and artwork cut-outs
- Paper Pizazz 8x8 Cardstock for Vacation: Ocean, light aqua and eggshell
- Cardmakers Earth Tones Ribbons
- graphite black Brilliance inkpad
- black Slick Writer pen
- Scotch Brand Foam Mounting Tape
- glue stick
- office staples
- Use the ocean cardstock as the background paper. Ink the edges of the background paper with black.
- Cut two 2 3/4 wide strips of blue stripe paper. Mat one long side of each strip on light aqua cardstock and trim the mat to 1/16. Ink the edge of the mats with black. Mat each again on eggshell cardstock and trim the mats to 1/8. Ink the edge of the mats with black. Adhere one matted strip to the left side of the left page, and set the other matted strip aside.
- Mat the photos on light aqua cardstock and trim the mats to 1/16. Ink the edges of the mats with black. Mat again on eggshell cardstock and trim the mats to 1/8. Ink the edges of the mats with black. Adhere the photos to the pages using a glue stick. Adhere the matted strip that was set aside in step 2 to the right side of the right page, overlapping the right edges of the photos.
- Cut out the artwork and ink the edges with black. Journal with the black pen onto the tag cut-outs. Adhere the Tropical Paradise tag in the top left corner of the left page and the Discover Hawaii tag in the bottom right corner of the right page using foam mounting tape. Cut two small strips of ivory grosgrain ribbon and knot the center of each strip, then trim the tails at an angle. Attach the knotted ribbon to the top of the tags using Zots.
- Crumple and smooth out the postage stamp artwork and attach the stamps to the page using a glue stick and foam mounting tape. Attach the ribbon fragment artwork to the pages using foam mounting tape and glue the word fragments to the postage stamp cut-outs and the photo using a glue stick. Attach the fish cut-outs to the photo mats using office staples.
- Computer journal onto white cardstock. Cut out the journaling and ink the edges with black. Adhere to the page using a glue stick. Journal the page title under the large photo using a black pen.