Project comments (0)
| Write a comment
|Paper Wishes Weekly Webisodes
||Free classes with Paper Wishes Webisodes. Watch every Wednesday for new tips, tricks and techniques!
About the Projects
Technique: Valentine Projects
Designer: LeNae Gerig & Susan Cobb
It's February and love is in the air! Celebrate the loves of your life with two sweet projects, just in time for Valentine's Day.
So In Love
By LeNae Gerig
For the Card Front:
- Place the card with the fold on the left. Cover the top 4 1/2" of the card front with purple dot paper and the bottom 2" with light pink textured paper. Trim the striped border to 5", add a pink mini brad to each end and glue the border overlapping the seams between the two papers. Use foam tape to attach the so in love punch-out down the top right edge of the card front.
- Glue the large heart punch-out overlapping the left side of the striped border. Use foam tape to attach the x and o punch-outs at varying angles over the heart. Tie an 8" length of pink grosgrain ribbon into a shoestring bow and attach the bow just above the heart using a Zot.
For the Card Inside:
- Glue a 5"x2 3/4" piece of purple dot paper across the bottom of the card inside. Glue the Happy Valentine's Day punch-out over the left side of the dot paper and use a Zot to attach a knot of lavender ribbon to the top of the punch-out.
- Use foam tape to attach the medium-sized heart punch-out next to the sentiment. Foam tape the small heart punch-out over the right side of the medium heart.
By Susan Cobb
- Place the brown paper with the floral border on the right and add silver brads to four of the flower centers.
- Mat a 5 1/4"x3 1/4" photo on dark pink textured paper and trim the mat to 1/8". Mat again on light pink textured paper, trimming the mat to 1/16". Computer journal the year onto light pink textured paper and crop to a small rectangle. Mat on dark pink textured paper, trim the mat to 1/16" and glue behind the top right edge of the photo. Glue the photo even with the top left edge of the page.
- Computer journal the subjects' names on the pink tag cut-out and attach the tag below the bottom right corner of the photo with a silver mini brad.
- Glue the green ribbon slide cut-out at an angle below the photo, then add alphabet brads to spell true across the cut-out. Fold the pink ribbon cut-out in half and glue the loose ends around the left edge of the love cut-out. Glue the cut-out at an angle below the word true, then accent with a silver brad in the center of the flower and an o alphabet brad over the o in love.