It's February and love is in the air! Celebrate the loves of your life with two sweet projects, just in time for Valentine's Day.
So In Love
By LeNae Gerig
- Cardmaker's Icy Rainbow Creative Pack: Purple dotted and light pink textured papers
- Cardmaker's Icy Rainbow Instant Card Art
- Cardmaker's Icy Rainbow Ribbons: Light pink and lavender grosgrain
- pastel pink mini brads
- foam tape
- small Zots™
- glue stick
- 5"x6 1/2" blank white card
For the Card Front:
- Place the card with the fold on the left. Cover the top 4 1/2" of the card front with purple dot paper and the bottom 2" with light pink textured paper. Trim the striped border to 5", add a pink mini brad to each end and glue the border overlapping the seams between the two papers. Use foam tape to attach the so in love punch-out down the top right edge of the card front.
- Glue the large heart punch-out overlapping the left side of the striped border. Use foam tape to attach the x and o punch-outs at varying angles over the heart. Tie an 8" length of pink grosgrain ribbon into a shoestring bow and attach the bow just above the heart using a Zot.
For the Card Inside:
- Glue a 5"x2 3/4" piece of purple dot paper across the bottom of the card inside. Glue the Happy Valentine's Day punch-out over the left side of the dot paper and use a Zot to attach a knot of lavender ribbon to the top of the punch-out.
- Use foam tape to attach the medium-sized heart punch-out next to the sentiment. Foam tape the small heart punch-out over the right side of the medium heart.
By Susan Cobb
- Paper Pizazz Retro 8"x8" Papers: Brown with floral border, dark pink textured and light pink textured papers plus artwork
- Nickel Alphabet Brads
- silver brads
- silver mini brads
- glue stick
- Place the brown paper with the floral border on the right and add silver brads to four of the flower centers.
- Mat a 5 1/4"x3 1/4" photo on dark pink textured paper and trim the mat to 1/8". Mat again on light pink textured paper, trimming the mat to 1/16". Computer journal the year onto light pink textured paper and crop to a small rectangle. Mat on dark pink textured paper, trim the mat to 1/16" and glue behind the top right edge of the photo. Glue the photo even with the top left edge of the page.
- Computer journal the subjects' names on the pink tag cut-out and attach the tag below the bottom right corner of the photo with a silver mini brad.
- Glue the green ribbon slide cut-out at an angle below the photo, then add alphabet brads to spell true across the cut-out. Fold the pink ribbon cut-out in half and glue the loose ends around the left edge of the love cut-out. Glue the cut-out at an angle below the word true, then accent with a silver brad in the center of the flower and an o alphabet brad over the o in love.