Project comments (0)
| Write a comment
Love Story album & insert
Love Story album & insert
By Ann Bernklau
Designer Tips: . Torn edges add a shabby chic look to this cute vintage collage album. . The Nested Frames Dazzles look great when backed with paper and stacked on top of each other.
- Sponge black Stazon on the spine of the binder. Cover the front with Vintage Roses striped paper, trimming off the excess with an X-acto® knife. Sponge black ink around the edges of the cover.
- Cut a 5" square of Vintage Roses red pattern paper and tear along all edges. Glue to cover tilted slightly to the left, 1" from the left edge.
- Place a small Zot on the spine 2 3/4" from the bottom and attach the center of a 3' long piece of Vintage Roses black & white gingham ribbon to the Zot. Place a strip of Zips along the front cover, 2 3/4" from the bottom. Attach the ribbon. Repeat for the back of the album. Tie the loose ends of the ribbon in a bow as a closure for the album.
- Back a large Black Nested Frame Dazzle with Vintage Roses teal houndstooth paper and glue 1 1/2" from the left and 1 3/8" from the bottom. Print "Love story" on Vintage Roses cream texture paper and place a smaller Black Nested Frame Dazzle over it. Cut around and foam tape on top of the larger frame.
- Cut the end of the narrow Vintage Roses aqua ribbon at an angle. Thread through the holes of a medium Black Vintage Button and tie in a knot. Trim ends at an angle. Repeat with a large Black Vintage Button. Do the same with large and small White Vintage Buttons, using Vintage Roses black ribbon. Glue the small white button 1" from the top and 2 3/4" from the right using Tacky Glue. Glue the remaining buttons to the left of the first button, alternating colors as shown.
- Thread Vintage Roses aqua ribbon through the right side of the tall Fancy Hearts Wood Laser Cuts. Thread the ends through a small black button and tie in a small bow. Place pieces of foam tape on the back of the heart avoiding the holes. Place the heart 1" from the top and 5/8" from the right.
- For the insert: Cover with Vintage Roses red pattern paper and trim excess. Re-punch the holes from the back, using a 1/4" hole punch. Sponge black ink around the edges. Cut a 5" square of Vintage Roses teal houndstooth and tear along the edges. Glue to center.
- Print "Just the two of us" on Vintage Roses cream texture paper and frame with a Black Nested Frame Dazzle. Trim around and foam tape 1" from the right and 3/4" from the bottom.
- Place the hollow swirly Fancy Hearts Wood Laser Cuts on a photo and trace around the outside of the heart with a pen. Cut out just inside the line and glue the heart to the photo with a light layer of Tacky Glue, framing the photo. Tie 3" of Vintage Roses red & black gingham ribbon through the top left of the swirly heart. Tie 4" of Vintage Roses red & black gingham around the right side of the heart. Glue the heart 3/4" from the top and left. Place a strip of Zips on either side of the heart and adhere the ends of the ribbon to it. Trim the ribbon ends even with the divider.
- Tie Vintage Roses aqua ribbon in a knot through small and large black buttons, trimming the ends at an angle. Tie a black knot through a small white button. Glue the small black button 3/4" from the left and 2" from the bottom. Glue the white button 1 3/4" from the right and 2" from the bottom. Glue the large black button to the right of the white button.