Project comments (3)
| Write a comment
Family Memories Mini book
Family Memories Mini book
By Susan Cobb
Designer's Tip: There are lots of different projects you can make using this Design Tool Kit-cards, scrapbook pages, and of course, mini books. This mini book is really fun to create, and makes an excellent gift! I backed the shapes for the cover pieces with cardstock for strength.
- Cut a 7"x5" piece of flowers and butterflies corner paper and glue it to white cardstock for the front cover. Use the largest template in the Design Tool Kit to trace the outer shape, then cut it out. Repeat this process for the back cover, flipping the template over with your paper upside down so your back cover will be facing the proper direction. Back each piece with blue swirls paper, trimming edges evenly with the shape. Ink edges on both sides of each shape.
- Punch a hole in the front cover, centered 1 1/2" from the top left, at least 1/8" from the straight edge; repeat 1 1/2" from the bottom, aligning the holes evenly. Place the covers together and align the edges. Punch through the holes in the front cover through to the back cover. Set the covers aside. To create the next page, trace the "Bracket Cutaway" shape onto striped paper and cut it out. Back with pink textured paper and trim edges evenly. Ink edges. Align the page with the front cover and punch holes at the left side.
- To decorate the cover, trace and cut out a pink textured paper flower using the shape on "Bracket Label A". Trace and cut out a blue swirls paper flower using the shape on the "scalloped tag". Ink the edges and use the blade of your scissors to curl the petals up. Foam tape the flowers together then foam tape to the lower corner of the front cover. Cut out faux buttons from the quilt paper and foam tape them to the center of the blue flower.
- Trace and cut out a pink tiny tag and ink the edges. Write or computer print "family memories" on the center. Glue tag angled to the upper portion of the cover. Zot knotted pink ribbon to the tag as shown.
- To decorate inside the front cover, cut a 1 1/4" wide section from striped paper and ink the edges. Glue vertically to the left inside panel. Glue green mini rick rack along the left edge of the striped paper. Zot green ribbon as shown. Trace and cut out a pink "Bracket Label A" shape and mat on brown textured paper leaving a 1/16" border. Ink edges and add white mini brads to the sides. Glue the label overlapping the striped paper.
- Mat a 2"x3 1/4" photo on brown, leaving a 1/8" border. Ink the edges and glue matted photo centered to the pink label shape. Trace and cut out a small butterfly from striped paper and ink the edges. Add white mini brads to the body of the butterfly. Foam tape the butterfly near the lower left corner of the photo.
- To decorate the page, trace and cut out a "squared oval" from remaining flowers and butterflies corner paper and ink the edges. Write or computer print names on the right side of the shape. Glue pink/white gingham ribbon vertically over the shape near the left side. Glue the shape to the left side of the striped page, 2 1/4" from the bottom.
- Trace and cut out a large blue swirls butterfly and a small pink butterfly. Ink the edges of both and layer together. Add two white mini brads to the body, then glue overlapping the squared oval shape as shown. Zot pink/white gingham bow as shown. Mat a 2 3/4"x2" photo on brown, leaving a 1/8" border. Ink the edges and glue overlapping the bottom of the squared oval shape. Continue creating and decorating more pages as desired.
- Thread ivory crepe ribbon through the holes from back to front. Tie a knot and trim ends to 1 1/2" length.