Project comments (0) | Write a comment
Wedding Ornament & Card
Get all the major supplies needed to make this project with the Wedding Set or you can order them separately.
By LeNae Gerig
Designer Tip: If after the first application the Etching does not seem frosted enough, reapply solution and repeat process before removing the stickers.
- Remove the gold ornament hanger from the disk. Place the kissing dove Dazzles™ at the center of the ornament with small hearts above and below.
- Apply the Etching solution, according to manufacturer instructions, all over the surface of the ornament. You may want to place a pencil or dowel into the ornament as a holder. Wash off solution with warm water and remove stickers. Let the ornament dry for a few minutes and apply pearl stickers around the outside edge.
- Thread sheer ribbon through the hanger and knot. As you are tying a bow with the grosgrain ribbon, thread a 12 length of gold Memory Thread through the knot before cinching. Glue the bow to the gold hanger front.
By LeNae Gerig
Designer Tip:Using 3 different shades of purple papers makes this monochromatic card more visually interesting.
- Place the card fold on the left. Cover the card with dark purple paper. Cut a 1 3/4x4 rectangle of purple flourish paper. Cut a 2 x4 light purple rectangle and one 1 x4 textured purple rectangle. Ink the edges and arrange on the card front as shown, with space between each.
- Secure 2 gold corner Dazzles™ at the top corners and a row of the heart border along the bottom edge of the flourish rectangle.
- Line the wedding cake Dazzle™ with light pink parchment paper and cut out. Glue to a large dark purple tag with inked edges. Apply dark pink chalk to the roses. Foam tape the tag slightly to the left, covering the area with all 3 papers meet.
- Use the Memory Thread to tie a bow and coil the tails around a pencil. Glue to the top of the tag and adhere a tiny heart to the center. Adhere Best Wishes to the right side of the tag.
- Inside the card: Make a pocket at the inside bottom by matting a 4 x2 rectangle of light purple paper with dark purple, leaving a 1/8 wide border. Adhere doves at the center with a heart border on either side. Glue 3 sides to the bottom inside back with the top open. Insert gift card.