Project comments (0)
| Write a comment
Mark & Keri page
Mark & Keri page
By LeNae Gerig
Designer's Tip: Use stencil tape to secure the edges of the stencil to both the paper and work surface before you begin applying ink.
- Center the wood grain template on the handwritten paper. Use the stylus and pad to apply Candied Yam ink over the entire template. Next apply Red Barn to the larger open areas on the wood grain.
- Cut the paper to 10 1/2"x10 3/4", centering the wood grain. Tear the top edge of a 10 1/2"x2 3/4" piece of red swirl paper and ink the torn edge black. Tear the top edge of a 10 1/2"x2" piece of black handwritten paper and glue to the red swirl paper, 1/8" from the bottom edge. Glue the red swirl strip to the bottom of the tan handwritten paper, 1/8" from the bottom edge. Glue the tan handwritten paper to the center of black cardstock.
- Mat a 6"x4" photo with red swirl paper, leaving a 1/4" border. Ink the edges and mat with black cardstock, leaving a 1/4" border. Glue at an angle above the border.
- Use the surface of the black ink pad to apply ink to the paper leaves. Glue dot to the top left photo corner. Use the stylus and pad to apply both chalk ink colors to the paper rose leaves and glue a rose over the leaf ends. Glue another rose to the top right corner of the border.
- Pinwheel flower: Trace one 4" Double Nova pinwheel to the red swirl paper. Cut out and ink the edges of the shape. Follow the template instructions for folding clockwise. Glue to the right side of the border.
- Apply Candied Yam ink to two large wood buttons. Thread each with baker's twine. Glue one button to the center of the pinwheel flower and the second button to the right. Write on a strip of ivory cardstock. Ink the edges black and glue to the left side of the pinwheel flower.