Project comments (0) | Write a comment
Get all the major supplies needed to make this project with the Heritage Page or you can order them separately.
By LeNae Gerig
Tip: Create a custom look for your heritage pages using Gold Color Me papers. I used green and brown colors along with Celtic Dazzles to reflect my families’ heritage, but you can any color scheme you chose.
- Use the surface on the sage inkpad to apply color to the surface of the Gold Swirls paper. Turn the paper periodically to get color around the embossed images. Use a paper towel to rub off the excess ink.
- Place the Gold Flourish paper over a projected surface like newspapers and spray with walnut ink. Rub the ink into the paper before it is dry. Let both papers dry for several minutes before using.
- Cut the sage green Color Me™ paper into a 10 ½” square and glue ½” from the left side of the 12”x12” brown cardstock and 5/8” from the top. Cut the brown Color Me™ paper into a 7 ½”x9 ½” rectangle and glue 3/8” from the right edge and ½” from the bottom. Glue a 1 ½”x9” strip of green Color Me™ to the right side of the brown Color Me™, ¾” from the right side of the page edge and 1 ½” from the top of the page. Color a Color Me™ Border piece brown with walnut ink and glue 1 ½” from the left side of the page.
- Mat a 6”x4” photo with brown cardstock, leaving a 1/8” border and glue 2” from the bottom of the page and extending from under the right edge of the green border piece.
- Mat a 2 ½”x3 ¾” rectangle with brown cardstock and glue to the center of a green Bracket Label. Glue to the top right side of the page, overlapping the top edge of the large photo.
- Glue a green Bracket Label to the left of the small photo and extending from under the brown border on the left. Print journaling onto white cardstock and trace with the Vintage Sign label, then mat with brown cardstock.
- Place Dazzles corner stickers on the left corners of the large photo. Place 2 lengths of border Dazzles down the center of the green border piece on the right side of the page. Mat the Celtic knot Dazzles with brown cardstock and glue to the center of the green border and along the brown border, as shown.