Flea Market-Inspired Projects
With the introduction of the popular vintage trend, fabric and lace have become all the rage in paper crafting. Now you can add the look of fabric to your projects quickly and easily with new flea market-inspired faux-fabric papers! Read on for Paris and Sara's latest flea market creations using the newest addition to our sarapapers line: Flea Market Fabrics.
Avalon Horse Show
By Paris Dukes
- Paper Pizazz Flea Market Fabrics sarapapers: Brown floral, brown/aqua stripe, brown textured and aqua textured papers plus tags
- Flea Market Embellish-abilities: Large white silk flower, aqua polka dot brad, brown brad, brown mini brads, aqua mini brads, aqua grosgrain ribbon, brown sheer ribbon
- white cardstock
- brown ink pad
- foam tape
- glue stick
- Use the brown floral paper as the background. Fold over the top left corner onto the front of the page, exposing the white side of the paper, then ink the edges of corner brown and glue in place. Glue a piece of brown/aqua stripe paper (stripes running vertically) behind the folded corner to complete the 12"x12" background. Computer journal onto white cardstock, trim to a horizontal rectangle and ink the edges brown. Glue over the striped paper, tucking the right end under the folded area. Fold a 2" length of brown sheer ribbon in half and secure over the left end of the journaling with an aqua mini brad.
- Mat two horizontal photos on brown textured paper, trimming the mats to 1/8". Cut a 6 1/4"x11 1/2" piece of aqua textured paper, ink the edges brown and lightly tear and roll a few areas around the edges. Glue over the right side of the page and add one brown mini brad to each corner. Lay the two photos over the aqua textured paper, leaving about 2" of space between the photos.
- Cut four 4" lengths of brown sheer ribbon. Create two crisscross patterns with the ribbon lengths in the space between the two photos. Lifting the photos and securing the loose ends of the ribbon underneath, then glue the photos in place. Use foam tape to add one brown floral tile overlapping the point where the ribbons intersect on each of the crisscrosses. Wrap a length of brown sheer ribbon horizontally around the small aqua tag (with the striped border at the bottom), and secure the loose ends on the back of the tag. Add a brown brad to the top of the tag, then use foam tape to secure the tag between the crisscrossed ribbons. Computer journal onto white cardstock, trim to a small rectangle and ink the edges brown. Use foam tape to secure the journaling over the tag.
- Glue a 2 1/2" length of aqua grosgrain ribbon vertically down the left side of the page, starting just under the tip of the folded corner. Secure one large white silk flower over the top end of the ribbon length with an aqua polka dot brad. Computer journal the event onto white cardstock, crop to three separate horizontal rectangles and ink the edges of each brown. Glue two pieces at varying angles over the brown portion of the brown striped tag. Fold a 2" length of brown sheer ribbon in half and use an aqua mini brad to secure the folded end overlapping the ends of the journaling. Attach the final piece of journaling over the striped portion of the tag with an aqua mini brad in each end. Use foam tape to secure the tag vertically extending off the bottom end of the aqua grosgrain ribbon length. Tie an 8" length of aqua grosgrain ribbon in to a shoestring bow and use a Zot to secure the bow over the top of the tag.
By Sara Naumann
- Paper Pizazz Flea Market Fabrics sarapapers: Red gingham with fruit border, green textured, cherries and multi stripe papers
- Slide Mount Mania Jumbo Slide Mounts
- red mini brad
- black ink pad
- white ink pad
- craft knife, cutting mat
- glue stick
- 5"x6 1/2" blank white card
- Turn the card so the fold is on the top and ink the edges black. Cut a 6 3/8"x4 7/8" piece of red gingham from the red gingham with fruit border paper, then ink the edges white and glue centered on the card front.
- Cut a 6"x4 1/2" piece of cherries paper, ink around the edges (about 1/4" in) with white, then ink the outer edges black. Turn the cherries paper over so the white side is facing up and the paper piece lies horizontally. Glue a 2 1/2" square of multi stripe paper (stripes running horizontally) in the bottom left corner of the back of the cherries paper. Turn the cherries paper back over so the patterned side is facing up, then glue a 1" square of red gingham paper over the bottom right corner of the cherries paper (with the paper turned back over, the red gingham paper will be in the same corner as the multi stripes paper on the back side). Fold the bottom right corner of the cherries paper diagonally inward, exposing the multi stripes paper on the back side (the stripes should run vertically when folded). Fold the tip of the corner back over to expose the red gingham paper you added to the front of the cherries paper. Ink the top of a red mini brad with white, then use the mini brad to secure all the layers of the folded corner in place. Glue a square of green textured paper behind the folded corner of the cherries paper to complete the rectangle, then glue the whole piece centered on the card front.
- Cover a jumbo slide mount with green textured paper and ink the edges black. Glue a piece of red gingham paper behind the slide mount so it's visible through the window, trimming any excess paper even with the edges of the side mount. Cut out one of the cherry bunch tiles from the border of the red gingham paper and glue it over the red gingham paper, centered in the slide mount window. Glue the slide mount in the top left corner of the cherries paper on the card front.